An October appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
:p Just couldn't resist posting a thread devoted to October - the much underrated U2 album. In my eyes it is muuuuuuuuuuch better than UF. :D

:heart: Love it! :heart:

Yep. It's my second-favorite U2 album. I absolutely love it!

I have recently discovered the wonder of "With a Shout." I absolutely LOVE Larry's part in that song. :happy:

Even better than ATYCLB as an album for the aftershock post-9/11 days. It was all I listened to for over a week. I've posted many times about the eerie prophetic nature of "Rejoice."

I was just listening to a boot from '82 and was enjoyin' the great tunes from October...sometimes I forget how good it is!

paxetaurora said:
Even better than ATYCLB as an album for the aftershock post-9/11 days. It was all I listened to for over a week. I've posted many times about the eerie prophetic nature of "Rejoice."

:yes: :yes: You know, now that I think about it, I first really got into October after 9/11...I never paid much attention to it before then...But it's got this spiritual quality that I really love. It was definitely something I needed.

I like October. A few of the songs, like Is That All, aren't that great, but just having the song Tomorrow on there makes it worth the purchase price - at least for me. I love that song so much! I heard the version of Tomorrow that Bono and Adam did by themselves for the first time the other day and I don't like it nearly as much as the version on the October album, which is just incredible - one of the most emotional U2 songs ever. I also like Gloria, I Threw A Brick Through a Window, October and Scarlett.

Understated, simple, emotionally power-packed......oh wait, I thought you meant the song October. The album? No comment. :D

(Hey, I said something nice, gimme a break)

October is such an underrated album. It's got a lot of very solid songs and introspective lyrics, even if they are a bit young and naive. Some of my favorite songs are Rejoice, With a Shout, and Scarlet. October the song is hauntingly beautiful and melancholy. And Tomorrow is aching with hurt and knowledge that seem more suited to experienceand age - not a bunch of 20-year-olds.

So yes, I appreciate October. :D

The Arms of America said:
I want to have sex with the album October.

If that is possible

Hmmm...Wow! I can say with confidence that that's the first time I've heard that one.

Intriguing...hehe

I love Tomorrow and October. The original Tomorrow is still better than the one found on the Common Ground album.

sulawesigirl4 said:
October is such an underrated album. It's got a lot of very solid songs and introspective lyrics, even if they are a bit young and naive. Some of my favorite songs are Rejoice, With a Shout, and Scarlet. October the song is hauntingly beautiful and melancholy. And Tomorrow is aching with hurt and knowledge that seem more suited to experienceand age - not a bunch of 20-year-olds.

So yes, I appreciate October. :D

sula, one of the two...or we are twin souls or you just read my mind :D

Her faves are my faves...her words are my words (if she doesn?t mind, of course ;))

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom