An interferencer heard 3 new songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
In the "U2 in the studio" thread in U2 News forum, fellow member zsuszo posted: "hi everyone. we've just came back from Nice. we saw bono adam and the edge in eze and we heard 3 new unfinished u2 songs!!!! one of them are really great with fantastic gitar solo!!"

:hmm:

Last edited:
until I hear those songs, I wont get excited...

I'm sure they were guitar based and had lovely backing vocals:rolleyes:

xaviMF22 said:

Stop being rude. Rumour has it that Bono plays piano these days.

xaviMF22 said:

:up:
until I hear those songs I won't get sarcastic

Unless things are further along than we think they are (who knows... it's possible... these guys can be sneaky like that if they want to :shifty: ), there's no point in speculating what the album (or even the finished songs) will sound like in these early, early days based on descriptions or clips of what people are hearing. Like I said in the other thread, isn't it possible they were playing for the sake of and joy of just playing? It's my understanding that musicians do that sometimes, don'tcha know.

That said, I do find these tidbits interesting. It's like coming across an artist's sketch that wasn't put on display for the general public, but was shared with a small group of people.

U2dork said:
Unless things are further along than we think they are (who knows... it's possible... these guys can be sneaky like that if they want to :shifty: ), there's no point in speculating what the album (or even the finished songs) will sound like in these early, early days based on descriptions or clips of what people are hearing. Like I said in the other thread, isn't it possible they were playing for the sake of and joy of just playing? It's my understanding that musicians do that sometimes, don'tcha know.

That said, I do find these tidbits interesting. It's like coming across an artist's sketch that wasn't put on display for the general public, but was shared with a small group of people.

:up: I agree here. I've got to say that I'm a bit excited by this, but I won't jump out of my skin (like I did Wednesday) until I actually hear some actual audio.

And even though these are "early, early days", I'm glad we're even in the waiting period at all! :drool:

I think, since they still have some shows to do, they need to haev a good idea where a couple of songs are going now already if they want to release an album autumn 2007

this is more or less based on the studio time they seem to need to produce an album the last decade or so

U2 should release some kind of EP or 8-10 track album for their 5th leg. It'll be 2 years since the Bomb dropped when they start the tour. Thats a lonnnggg time!!

Why can't these fans ask U2 "Are you guys gonna release another album or new tracks this year?"

zoopop said:
U2 should release some kind of EP or 8-10 track album for their 5th leg. It'll be 2 years since the Bomb dropped when they start the tour. Thats a lonnnggg time!!

Why can't these fans ask U2 "Are you guys gonna release another album or new tracks this year?"

I think a ten-track, longer, more...hmm...expansive, ambient album would be wonderful.

With a reworked Mercy at track #5. :wink: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

There's a post on U2log in the comments section that says someone recorded these 3 new songs. I'm wondering, though, if it's the same person in our news section who was having problems with the language barrier. Perhaps they meant "heard" instead of "recorded".

I'd like to know how developed these songs are, as that may tell us how far along U2 are, given their 'organic' way of creating music. If the songs were fairly well structured with cohesive lyrics, then the band may be further along than we think. But if it's more a jam session and Bono's just adlibbing random lyrics, well, I don't think we can consider this indicative of much at all ...

To anyone who was around when Electrical Storm came out - How much notice did we get before Electrical Storm was released? I'm expecting just a single to come out by the end of the year, like ES did in 2002 - 2 years after ATYCLB

LemonMelon said:

I think a ten-track, longer, more...hmm...expansive, ambient album would be wonderful.

With a reworked Mercy at track #5. :wink: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mercy shouldnt be reworked! Anyone dare to touch that masterpeice :madwife: only remasterd it!

IrishDawg said:
To anyone who was around when Electrical Storm came out - How much notice did we get before Electrical Storm was released? I'm expecting just a single to come out by the end of the year, like ES did in 2002 - 2 years after ATYCLB

Electrical Storm got a lot of attention before it came out on interference....we're always excited for new u2 material :drool:

this place is the greatest when all these rumors start coming out. after reading this thread, im gonna start stopping by every day now :wink:

RademR said:

Electrical Storm got a lot of attention before it came out on interference....we're always excited for new u2 material :drool:

this place is the greatest when all these rumors start coming out. after reading this thread, im gonna start stopping by every day now :wink:

haha...i know! i've been pretty absent since starting residency about 3 weeks ago. i randomly came on yesterday & saw this, and now i can't leave again!

Axver, I definitely agree-----I'd love to really have better audio on that clip so that we could really hear how developed this work is. I'm curious to see if this is far enough along that it's almost a finished product, or if it's more Salome Outtakes-esque & that the finished product will sound almost nothing like it. :hmm:

What gets me is that there's GOT to be more of this video out there. It looks like a digital camera's video function, so I'm not surprised that there are only a few seconds of it in one clip. However, what self-respecting person only takes 8 seconds of video/audio when you're sitting there and hearing U2 rehearse new material????? There HAS to be more out there......we'll see if it'll surface...

on a similar note....Has anyone heard of there being recordings of Bono's piano songs? I met someone a month or so ago who claimed to have about 5 or 6 songs of Bono on piano & promised to give them to me, and now he's all but fallen off the face of the earth. I think he was pulling my leg....though part of me still has my fingers crossed........

Peterrrrr said:

Mercy shouldnt be reworked! Anyone dare to touch that masterpeice :madwife: only remasterd it!

I wipe my ass with mercy and flush it down the toilet. It sucks and Ide be very pissed if they wasted perfectly good album space on that peice of crap song.

Just my opinion

Actually it's quite possible to get more excellent melodies (from a person who's learning an instrument) from Piano rather than Guitar :yes: because in guitar you are VERY limited by the amount of chords you know, and the first ones are always D-A-E (Like Desire) and then C and G. Next some minor chords as Am, Em, etc. With a few months (or weeks, depending on person's abiliby) F and B. Latter the first # chords as A#, G# most difficult ones as D#, C#, etc

So from a beginner it's very predictable what he has to do for a guitar based melody: C-G ... could be one part, and the chorus Am-D-Em-G... that's all. :|

But in Piano it's a completely different word, because first you learn the chord C, with just white keys (1-3-5), and if you put those 3 fingers exactly to the next white keys (2-4-6) you have a Dm, and then (3-5-7) Em, then F, then G, then Am and finally... a very special chord with the notes B-D-F (I love the sound of the combination B-F, it's an open chord of mistery, to lead somewhere :yes:

And you have another point: if you play a bit with the piano and you make a "C" with 1-2-5 instead, you have another chord with a wonderful sound, and if you play 2-3-5, another one, etc. So without being a pianist and JUST PLAYING white keys (Black ones are #) you can create several fantastic melodies :heart: something you can't with a little guitar knowedge

:wave:

I hope Bono has applied his piano interest to the new songs, as when you sit down to write at a piano you're in a completely different frame of mind as when you do the same with a geetar.

Canadiens1160 said:
I hope Bono has applied his piano interest to the new songs, as when you sit down to write at a piano you're in a completely different frame of mind as when you do the same with a geetar.

yes..that is true

Axver said:
I'd like to know how developed these songs are, as that may tell us how far along U2 are, given their 'organic' way of creating music. If the songs were fairly well structured with cohesive lyrics, then the band may be further along than we think. But if it's more a jam session and Bono's just adlibbing random lyrics, well, I don't think we can consider this indicative of much at all ...

From what I have heard its more of a jam. Bono's lyrics are his make up on the spot jibberish at this point, like the Achtung Baby Hansa sessions were.

Back
Top Bottom