An Example of Bono's Great Voice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
With this new fancy schmancy forum, use the very user-friendly NewMedia and do a search for "One Tree Hill - Live". When I do this, I come up with one hit - the performance 12/16/89 from the Love Town tour.

I've had the "official" bootleg (i.e., not a CD-R) for some time now. I had been searching for a live performance of this song and this boot was the first time I had heard it live. "One Tree Hill" is my favorite JT song and I was anxious to hear it live. Well, needless to say, I wasn't disappointed.

For those of you who miss some of Bono's vocal heroics (although, some of the Elevation shows I've heard have Bono at his old R&H era form), or really want to hear some fancy Edge playing at the end, or if you just miss this era of U2, I highly recommend downloading this .mp3. You won't be disappointed (you won't be disappointed in any of the Love Town performances, IMO).

You are absolutely right!

I have the bootleg of that show, and Bono's voice is just out of this world. Especially on One Tree Hill. Good call Dr. Who!

Unfortunately, I can't find that file on New Media, but I will keep checking and download it eventually. Thanks for the rec, doctorwho- I love One Tree Hill.

Yep, I got that file off of Audiogalaxy...I LOVE it! I would love to hear "One Tree Hill" (and actually be there!)

I can't find this (one tree hill 12-16-1989) anywhere, but I'd LOVE to hear it, anyone know where I can get it?

Thanks!

Are you sure it was the 16th? The setlists I've consulted don't indicate that it was played that night. It was played the night before, though; is that what you meant?

Oh! Thanks for correcting that!

I actually already have that one. Bono's voice is fantastic, especially at the end when he sings:

"what's a matter, what's a matter boy, what's a matter, what you feeling boy, what's a matter"
(is this what he is singing? what about the rest of it, can anyone figure it out?)

That's my favorite JT song too and I actually have that same live version on my "Most Special U2" self made CD. I saw that song live just a few days earlier in Phoenix. I think it was the 19th. It was SO AWESOME and yes, One Tree Hill on this live version is a wonderful example of Bono's great voice.

wow that is a good version of One Tree Hill. funny thing is, i don't think it's great because of bono's voice (it is good though), i think it's great because of edge's guitar work. he sounds so different than usual.

Wow!

Holy shit!

That's awesome!

I have this boot in mp3... i need to listen to it more

I have quite a collection of LT boots on cassette. lol I really need to get down to the basement and round them all up!
Too bad I'm too lazy to get mp3's of everything.

Back
Top Bottom