An Amazing HTDAAB Running Order

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
1.City Of Blinding Lights
2.Miracle Drug
3.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
4.Love And Peace Or Else
5.Original Of The Species
6.Crumbs From Your Table
7.Vertigo
8.A Man And A Woman
9.Yahweh
10.All Because Of You
11.Fast Cars
12.One Step Closer

After thinking about it a lot, I really think U2 should have used this as the opener. It's got the classic U2 buildup intro, where you have to wait a bit before you hear any Bono - aka Streets/Zoo Station/Zooropa/Discotheque - and creates a landscape - visually, thematically, and aurally - in the listener's mind that will last throughout the entire record. An epic opener for a record. And it segues perfectly into Miracle Drug.

Preferably, I'd like to see response to this running order rather than other running orders.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, when I said 'I really think U2 should have used this as the opener', I meant COBL.

interesting. i'll check it out later. the only thing the kind of caught me off gaurd was Vertigo going into A Man And A Woman. and i also think that Yahweh, no matter what has to be the closer.

otherwise, is looks good.

mikal said:
interesting. i'll check it out later. the only thing the kind of caught me off gaurd was Vertigo going into A Man And A Woman. and i also think that Yahweh, no matter what has to be the closer.

otherwise, is looks good.

I disagree about Yahweh. It can fit in lots of places and by no means has to be the closer.

And Vertigo segues into AMAAW seamlessly. It's a much better segue than you think.

look im not trying to be mean or anything, but why speculate as to what could be a better tracklisting? the boys selected the tracklisting that they wanted and thats good enough for me :D

as i said, im definetly not trying to be mean, just unsure as to why i keep seeing these "better track order" threads :|

quadcaster said:
look im not trying to be mean or anything, but why speculate as to what could be a better tracklisting? the boys selected the tracklisting that they wanted and thats good enough for me :D

as i said, im definetly not trying to be mean, just unsure as to why i keep seeing these "better track order" threads :|

I never used the word 'better'. I said 'Amazing'. That's my opinion on one tracklisting without comparing it to any other tracklisting. There are quite few really good tracklistings for this record, but I'm not comparing. I'm just commenting on this one that I made.

This is a pretty cool running order. I like your first half more so than I do your last half.

Inspired by the current tour's various setlists, I have gone for an approach where I play tracks in order of where they have appeared on a setlist. Those Bomb tracks that haven't made it out there yet are still trying to find a better fit. So far:

1. City...
2. Vertigo
3. Miracle Drug
4. Sometimes...
5. Love and Peace
6. Fast Cars
7. Crumbs...
8. One Step Closer
9. Mercy
10. All Because of You
11. Original of the Species
12. Yahweh

don't ask about A Man... :wink:

I like the order of the first 4 songs. After that it's a little questionalble. Vertigo into A Man and a Woman? And Yahweh not at the end? Don't like those two.

sniggirb said:
I like the order of the first 4 songs. After that it's a little questionalble. Vertigo into A Man and a Woman? And Yahweh not at the end? Don't like those two.

Have you listened to it yet? Don't judge just be looking at the list. Listen to it. I'm telling you, put a 5-second crossfade on in Itunes and Vertigo segues into AMAAW SEAMLESSLY. And I'm getting really freaking tired of everyone being so sanctimonious about how Yahweh just has to be the closer. Yahweh can fit in more than one place, believe it or not.

Roland of Gilead said:
This is a pretty cool running order. I like your first half more so than I do your last half.

Inspired by the current tour's various setlists, I have gone for an approach where I play tracks in order of where they have appeared on a setlist. Those Bomb tracks that haven't made it out there yet are still trying to find a better fit. So far:

1. City...
2. Vertigo
3. Miracle Drug
4. Sometimes...
5. Love and Peace
6. Fast Cars
7. Crumbs...
8. One Step Closer
9. Mercy
10. All Because of You
11. Original of the Species
12. Yahweh

don't ask about A Man... :wink:

Did you not read this: "Preferably, I'd like to see response to this running order rather than other running orders." ???

Anyway...no, I don't like that order. AMAAW is a gorgeous, gorgeous song. Mercy is not part of the record. As for the order...I don't like COBL into Vertigo and I don't like ABOY into OOTS.

Yes, I saw the "preferably" in the "Preferably... " and I responded. :wink:

Cool your jets.

And for your information, Fast Cars is a "bonus track" not an "album track." You started it. :wink:

Last edited:
namkcuR said:

Have you listened to it yet? Don't judge just be looking at the list. Listen to it. I'm telling you, put a 5-second crossfade on in Itunes and Vertigo segues into AMAAW SEAMLESSLY. And I'm getting really freaking tired of everyone being so sanctimonious about how Yahweh just has to be the closer. Yahweh can fit in more than one place, believe it or not.

:up: Vertigo at #7 and AMAAW at #8 coincide with my own playlist. It works wonderfully. And yeah, One Step Closer is definitely THE closing track.

However if COBL and MD had been the first two tracks I wonder if I would have had the heart to listen to track #3 since they are my least favourite tracks on the album.

1) Yahweh
2) City Of Blinding Lights
3) All Because of You
4) Sometimes You Can't make It
5) Crumbs From Your Table
6) Miracle Drug
7) Love and Peace
8) Original Of The Species
9) Vertigo
10) Mercy

Don't like it. There is a musical flow, but no flow thematically. I don't know the obsession with certain people thinking that U2 needs to close their records with something ambient. Moving Yahweh earlier in the record completely screws things up---as U2 says: "from a place of doubt and fear in "Vertigo" to a renewed faith and finding a God with "Yahweh."

Love And Peace Or Else
All Because Of You
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
City Of Blinding Lights
One Step Closer
Crumbs From Your Table
Fast Cars
A Man And A Woman
Original Of The Species
Yahweh