American Prayer has got to be on the album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jalbs

Babyface
Not only is this the best song It is the best song I hae heard U2 sing in a long time. This song is about Africa, Aids and Poverty. You might say what does this have to do with the United States current administration? This isn't about Iraq it's about Africa. We are quick to forget what President Bush has pushed through to help these people. Even forget politics thid song sings beauty unlike anyhting I have heard since the salome sessions, even then this is better. If you haven heard it I will host it. here:
visit my group!
groups.yahoo.com/group/AmericanPrayer

they wont let me post a link even though I have posted many times before enjoy so just add htt*:/

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with 2 above sentiments. Jalbs, what has Bush done exactly to "help" Africa exactly?

Sorry guys, I happen to like it :shrug:

But I doubt it will end up on the new album, I think it will end up being a fundraiser single or part of a fundraiser album.....

:laugh: schizo :laugh:

I've just heard it and I think it is an average song

just a big 0 and doesn't deserve to be in the new album

rio589 said:
:laugh: schizo :laugh:

I've just heard it and I think it is an average song

just a big 0 and doesn't deserve to be in the new album

is a horrible song and mainly "pro-gringa" :angry:

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
american prayer is a horrible song, with even worse lyrics. bono's worst moment.

I don't know if it's the worst, but the lyrics are something Diane Warren would pen in 20 minutes. Atrocious to say the least.

Nice sentiment, but please, it doesn't belong on any U2 album.

It's an OK song...nothing special.

I guarantee it won't be on the album though. I will put 1000 bucks down on it right now.

i'd be disappointed if it was on the album. i still like it, it's got it's place though, and that place is in on an mp3 in the recycle bin after you listen to it once or twice.

My fear is that someone will get Edge drunk so he can prevent the inclusion of this piece of tripe on the new album.

You may remember Bono getting Edge drunk so he could slip in 'Babyface' 'Stuck' and 'Playboy Mansion'.........
These pieces of fluffery are better included on Bono's soon-to-be released 'crooning' album.

at least thats my version of it.

Personally, I LOVE American Prayer. I respect the opinions of those of you who don't like it, but I really would like to see it on an album - even if it's not the new one coming out, just a fundraiser one or something like that. I've been listening to it quite a bit the last two days, and I really, really enjoy it.

I guess that puts me in a rather small minority here, doesn't it? Oh well, I guess I can live with that ...

dont bother felipevox, you wouldnt want to listen to it. its indeed probably their worst effort since red light.

eh... only if they did some major revamping. When I think of "the raw guitar sound of War and the depth of Achtung Baby," American Prayer isn't exactly the first thing that pops into the ole noggin'. It's got a kinda Christian rock infomercial feel to it. And please get the singing children out of there... way too R.Kelly for me... pun very much intended.

Now Beat On The Brat... if the album had that kinda vibe... woooooowweeeee would I be a happy man.

Last edited:
Oh yes, if it even had just one song similar to Beat On The Brat ... wow, that would be amazing.

I've had American Prayer in my computer for some time now and only yesterday did I finally make it all the way through the song.

It's best suited for someone else (and leave off the Yoko-sounding backing vocals)

Back
Top Bottom