AMAAW = Plagiate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
toscano said:

Except when they lifted Beatiful Day's chorus of course !

At 1:57

http://youtube.com/watch?v=B1pb1IZcaiQ

You can believe that if you want, I don't. Bono probably heard that tune a million times in the 80s, and sure maybe it subconciously creeped back into his brain when they came up with the melody for BD, but I doubt very much that there was any concerted effort there. They/he probably didn't even realize it until someone pointed it out, and the fact that he used Aha snippets in BD a couple of times live seems to lend itself to that more than the deliberate lift theory, imo.

That John Mayer song is a Stuck in a Moment ripoff...and Stuck is a Curtis Mayfield ripoff...

Everyone is ripping off everyone these days.

It's just a question of how good you disguise your rip off.

Remember this Gorillaz song that was a rip-off from Staring at the sun? Or the new James Blunt song that sounds very much like In A Little While? Except it's much much worse.

Isn't it John Mayer or James Blunt or another one of those annoying guys who also has a song that bites the riff from One?

and the entire beat in UTEOTW = Paid in Full = Ashley's Roach Clip

I think it's logical to hear influences in U2's music. They've done their fair share of clubbing and when you listen to alot of music, you're bound to come up with ideas down the road that sound like something you've heard before. They've got a couple of tunes that sound very Beatles to me, too. It's not a bad thing, necessarily.

:shrug:

gvox said:
Isn't it John Mayer or James Blunt or another one of those annoying guys who also has a song that bites the riff from One?

Maybe "Walking Away" by Craig David? I think Bono even snippeted that in a performance of One, and there's a One/Walking Away mashup out there that I might still have (I know I did once). But Craig David >>>>> both John Mayer and James Blunt, even if (because?) John Mayer nailed Jessica Simpson.

Back
Top Bottom