AMAAW is the best in HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snutes1

Acrobat
Currently My favorite song on HTDAAB is AMAAW and I cant get it out my head.

Although I have spewed my propaganda about AMAAW all over this forum, I still think that it is one of the most underrated U2 song in years, following the likes of "in a little while" (my fave in ATYCLB and "Do you feel loved" (my 2nd fave from POP). I dont know what the percentage of people in this forum are recent fans (after 1999-Sweetest thing,Best of era) or more established fans who were used to being jolted by a new U2 sound with every U2 album.

A man and a woman is the JOLT that we expect from U2. It is the song that stands out from this album. Most of us I'm sure have realised this. But it shatters the conformity of the rest of the album. So the newer fans may feel threatened by this and thus dont like the tune while the older fans are used to this from U2 and may or may not like the song, but I'll bet the ranch that most of the fans that like AMAAW grew up as fans in early 90's or 80's.

I like HTDAAB and its in my top 5 u2 albums of all time. I like all the songs. Some better than others, but this is my fave.

snutes, don't worry. I also like AMAAW. I think it's a great song and should be a single. However, I think you're a little off your rocker for saying that it's the best on the album. Hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I like it a lot too, but I'm not going to call it the best.

I became a fan in the late 90s, but started with the late 80s stuff. I'm not sure how that fits into your theory.

Nothing groundbreaking sounds a lot like the b-sides from unforgettable fire. you are right though it does not fit with the rest of the album, so in that since it is a jolt. i often wonder, what were they thinking when they put this right in the middle.

theory is off with me- i would say it is my least favorite on the the album and i've been a fan since 1986.

all that said, it is not a bad song i do like it ok. i just hope they don't waste a spot on the tour with it.

These three songs ABOY, AMAAW, and Crumbs, :heart: is the absolute favorite part of the album for me. I won't be able to hear any one of these 3 songs without wanting to hear the other's. AMAAW already has special meaning to me on a personal level, so it is also in the top three favorites of mine, on this album. :up: However, I love this album..period.:yes:

thats because you like the sequence of the edge alarm riffs. first one is at the very first note on all because, there may or may not be one on amaaw but at the end of crumbs he ends with the alarm sound. im high

AMAAW is a great song, what a song!! Not the best on the album, but its on my top half.

AMAAW is very soulful and is a great wee number but no wherenear the best:wink:

I think this might be the worst song they've done EVER! Sorry to be the naysayer here, cause I love the rest of this album, but this song just plain suks. There is nothing original about it, music or lyrics. It sounds like canned top 40 crap that could have been sung by anyone from Shania Twain to Ricky Martin. I've been a U2 fan since The Joshua Tree, and this is the first song they've released that I've had an instant and lasting dislike of.

Back
Top Bottom