Am I the only person who HATES the "Peace On Earth" remix?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
It just seems overloaded with samples, to the point where the impact and the message of the song....and the song itself is overwhelmed and ceases to exist.

I love the album version, but damn...the remix is just utter shit and ruins the song completely and without question.

In my opinion anyway.

I haven't heard that version yet.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

I hate it. (I think I may have posted that before - not sure...)

I have to turn it off when it comes on. The song is powerful and speaks for itself - I don't want to or need to hear people screaming, sirens, hysterical newscasters, etc. to drive the point home.

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

I agree. I really don't think you need to have samples put in every few seconds to get your point across. And besides, I think the song gets the point across quite well on it's own.

there is an older version of this concept available at u2station.com, i believe that is where i got it. anyway it's the same idea only instead of hearing new yorkers scream and reporters and dubya dramatize, you hear people talking about the holocaust and how they were trained as soldiers during their childhood.
it was quite touching.
tears stream down kobayashi's face and onto his black suit.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like it. It IS way too overloaded with samples and some of the samples are inappropriate for the song. It's so much more moving on it's own.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
It just seems overloaded with samples, to the point where the impact and the message of the song....and the song itself is overwhelmed and ceases to exist.

I love the album version, but damn...the remix is just utter shit and ruins the song completely and without question.

In my opinion anyway.

I hate that version of the song...I don't know, I just do....I hate any kind of capitalization on this tragedy

Just another example of the media trying to choke us with emotion.
mad.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

*~The Official POP_Whore of Interference~*

I'll agree to an extent.

It isn't the samples that bother me. Like many have said, it's the ungodly number of edits to the song. Of course the song is best left alone, but I could understand a few samples added to it. Two, three, maybe four. After a verse, during the bridge, at the end of the song, whatever. But not every two lines. Not OVER lyrics. Not necessary, and detracts from the song. If you can, e-mail the local station that is playing it, but request the album version.

if u wanna hear a decent combination of song and news broadcast, checkout Simon and Garfunkel's 'Silent Night/Evening News', really effectively done.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom