Am I the only one who wants U2 to take a break?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I mean really?? For the sake of not burning them out, seeing as this has been an especially hard tour due to Bono's dad dying and him not getting to hardly see his newborn son. I'm sure there's other reasons they need a break but those are the first ones I thought of. I love them but I want them to be around as long as possible. I think I'm babbling but you get my point I think.

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. :D

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

I agree, I think they should take a nice long break after the tour and then go back into the studio.. I'd be willing to wait for the next album.. No sense in rushing anything.

Take it easy boys! Go have a Guinness and relax!!! I know I would...

I agree. I'd rather have them healthy and relaxed. Take a break and rest before jumping right back into the studio.

Jeez how unselfish of me.

biggrin.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

New forum smilie suggestions click here!

No, I do not want them to take a break.

How dare I be so selfish?

Because, despite what Edge wrote about them taking "a weekend off" before going back into the studio, we all REALLY know that this "weekend" is going to be, oh, probably a few months. I doubt they'll do any work before the end of the holiday season. And once they start relaxing, they might decide to relax throughout the winter and start fresh in the spring. Enjoy the winter along the Meditarranean Sea, with beaches and sun. Wouldn't you do this if you could? In other words, I feel confident that there will be a nice break.

And then, when they do return to the studio, we all know that the recording process isn't exactly what we would call "fast." Sure, there have been exceptions to this rule (like "Zooropa"), but in general this holds true.

Now, if we ask U2 to take a REAL break, God only knows when they'll start recording. Would it even be in 2002?

These are grown, with family, friends and significant others - not to mention boatloads of money. They won't be rushing back to work that soon.
wink.gif

The only "work" I see U2 truly doing is more charity efforts. However, I believe that Bono doesn't view this as work - but something he wants to do to truly better the world. In other words, he'll do this even if his wife and doctor physically tried to tie him down. God bless him for his conviction.

My idea of a real break for them would probably be 6 months. I think that's reasonable.

------------------
Member of Larry's Stick Keepers Association. "It's all about drums."

"What's with all the glitter? I thought you didn't like our mirrorball lemon and shit. Well it's too late to change your mind now." -- Bono, Indianapolis, May 10, 2001

When you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit, you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it --- Summer Rain

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
My idea of a real break for them would probably be 6 months. I think that's reasonable.

It's sweet of you to think about their health and comfort, but don't you think it should be up to THEM how long a break (if any) they take? After all, they are the only one's who know how they feel.

I read recently Bono saying they had never taken a break longer than (I think) 3 months (may have been 6, I can't remember) and that if they took more than that they would likely not get back into it again.

For those of you who think they should take a break because of Bono's loss, maybe they should. But sometimes the worst thing to do is to let losses stop you for too long. I would like to see the band take off as long as it takes to let Bono recover, but I would hate to see them take off too long.

No clarity, you are not the only one who wants U2 to take a break. I've been chortling on about it for quite some time now. It's the mother in me
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom