am i normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoomerang II

War Child
For me, the following is what I consider a very conservative estimate. This does not include singles and bootlegs, radio etc or other various times etc.

For the post-AB period I would have played a U2 album on average 4-5 times per week. If we allow a conservative 4.5 on average, I would have done this over the last 10 years, which is 10x52x4.5 = 2340 times.

When I was at school from UF to R&H period, however, I would have averaged about 7 to 10 times a week, say 8 on average = 8 x 5 years x 52 = 2080 times. In fact my teenage years were spent listening to U2 and not much else.

In the last 11 years since I got my licence, I have driven about 250,000 km. I would play U2 an average of 60% of all that time I have spent driving. At an average of 60km/hour, this equals 4167 hours, of which U2 would contribute 2500 hours.

For the last 3 years at work I listen to U2 an average of 2 hours per day. 3 x 48 x 5 x 2 this equals = 1440 hours.

And I have been to 7 U2 concerts = 14 hours.

If we assume that one album goes for approximately 60 mins on average, I have listened to u2, so far in my life, for approximately 8374 hours. This is the region of 350 days.

Therefore allowing for statistical uncertainties and meaningless possibilities, today I am celebrating listening to U2 for the equivalent of ONE YEAR NON STOP 24 HOURS a day in my life.

Happy anniversary to me
smile.gif

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

Originally posted by DrTeeth:
What about all those times you heard U2 by accident? Like in a commercial or on the radio?

ok...one year and one days
biggrin.gif

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

i'm sure most on this board can come up with similar stats. what sets you apart is that you sat down and figured it all out.

------------------
Kobayashi's bizarre use of colour, superfast editing and extreme camera angles, coupled with a hilariously deadpan performance by Toshiro Takemitsu as the inspector who discovers a whole family of ghosts travelling without valid tickets, remains without peer.

Back
Top Bottom