Am I mad? I coulda sworn I heard...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I was listening to Mysterious Ways tonight on my headphones...and I swear that at 2:32 in the song I hear a distinct "Uh-oh" type noise (much like the one icq makes)....does anyone else hear this? Geez, am I mad?

I've never noticed, but you should check out enjoyu2.com They have a section on little happenings like that.

------------------
Who's gonna ride your wild horses?

Won't you kiss me on that MIDNIGHT STREET, sweep me OFF MY FEET, singing 'ain't this life SO SWEET?' -David Gray

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Ahhhhh...something new to listen for. I am up for the challenge! I am still the only U2 fan amongst my friends who can hear Bono say "Achtung baby" during The Fly. I think I can handle this adventure.

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by pop_mofo:
Ahhhhh...something new to listen for. I am up for the challenge! I am still the only U2 fan amongst my friends who can hear Bono say "Achtung baby" during The Fly. I think I can handle this adventure.

Peace.

YOU can HEAR ACHTUNG BABY??? That's it...we need to meet. I must hear this alleged "achtuning' to which I have previously been denied...

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:
YOU can HEAR ACHTUNG BABY??? That's it...we need to meet. I must hear this alleged "achtuning' to which I have previously been denied...

Bono whispers "achtung baby" at about 2:17 into the song. You have to listen really carefully, though, because it's very faint.

Originally posted by pop_mofo:
I am still the only U2 fan amongst my friends who can hear Bono say "Achtung baby" during The Fly. I think I can handle this adventure.

Peace.

YES!!!!!!!!!! I hear it too! I thought I was crazy. No one else I know hears it either.

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

I was listening to Mysterious Ways tonight on my headphones...and I swear that at 2:32 in the song I hear a distinct "Uh-oh" type noise (much like the one icq makes)....does anyone else hear this? Geez, am I mad?

Its too fast to be an "Uh oh" and sounds more like an "owww" in my oninion. But that was from listening to an MP3 with 128Kb bit rate. Maybe it would be more distinctive with a 192Kb bit rate or a CD version. Or maybe its my sound card. Or maybe its my speakers. Or maybe I'm going death. Oh deary me... I think I must lie down.

Originally posted by JimmyChicken:
Or maybe I'm going death.

Gee... I hope you are not going "death" over this. It's not worth dying over. Sure, maybe you are going deaf, but that's completely different.

*snicker*
biggrin.gif

Don't forget about atu2.com's section about weird things in songs -- my computer refuses to let me visit enjoyu2.com, so I haven't been able to see their section on it.

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Now that is quite the invitation!
wink.gif
Anytime, my U2 friend from maple
smile.gif

Peace.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Back
Top Bottom