Always vs. Beautiful Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NShaik

The Fly
Do you think that if U2 had chosen to release Always it would have been as successful as Beautiful Day? Which do you personally prefer?

Its hard to say really. I don't think Always woud have reached number One if it was released.

Personally, I think Always has potential. The only thing that annoys me about it is the sampled voice that sings "Always" in the chorus. I think that would have been so much better if it was just Edge just belting it out, as in Gone. It would have much better.

I think that Edge's riff when Bono sings "Touch me" is probably Edge's best guitar work on the album. I think Always has a very strong bridge. Its hard to choose, but I think I'd have to side with Beautiful Day.

Did you see the "Always vs. Beautiful Day" poll on here not too long ago?

My vote goes to Always, since I HAVE bumped it up to my second-favorite song of all-time.

I just love the rawness of it. Yeah, but I've said this before, so I digress...:p

wertsie said:

Yeah. I told them that. They must not have been around at the time, I suppose. :cool: I'll see if I can find it...

Man. My English teacher would go crackers on you for saying that.

the key to Always is the word "potential", B-day is a great opener to ATYCLB and I am very glad they chose this song to open.

I don't think Always can get any good results on airplay... It's too just too raw.

Beautiful day all the way. :D

BTW, NShaik, looooong time no see!!! Where you've been these days??? (just curious... :p)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom