Always

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
Does anyone else reckon Always could have been a great single, the ending gets a bit awkward but the opening and chorus are very strong, it has quite a few hooks

A lot of b-sides could have been great singles - summer rain, spanish eyes, flower child (not really a b-side), are you gonna wait forever... usually they just need a bit of work. The lyrics on Always are one-half wonderful (put your head over the parapet, be uncool, yes be awkward) and one-half embarassing (always wear a safety vest...). But I think songs like always that tended to morph into other songs (always>>beautiful day) never get finished, and for good reason.

Not for me, I think Always AND Summer rain were both a bit week. However I'm glad that U2 did put out a couple of original songs rather than the usual blend of live versions and covers.

I adore Always. Better than Beautiful Day? Probably not. And the line "Always wear a safety belt" is indeed quite silly. But Always had some good lyrics too, and there's something about the song that always (haha) makes me smile. Still, it's too similiar to BD to be a single, and I think BD was the better choice.

Summer Rain I loooooooove. Better than half of ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom