Alternative LP to Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Do You Feel Loved? – LP

1. Mofo
2. Gone
3. Last Night on Earth
4. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
5. Holy Joe
6. Staring at the Sun
7. Do You Feel Loved?
8. Discotheque
9. If You Wear That Velvet Dress
10. North and South of the River
11. Please
12. Wake Up Dead Man

Notes: Mofo is played like the version at the MTV Video Awards in 1997. Also, Bono mans up and says "motherfucking rock and roll." Gone is played like the Elevation Tour version. Last Night on Earth is similar to the album version, but with better vocals from Bono and an introduction like the one on PopMart. HMTMKMKM, Holy Joe, SATS, and Do You Feel Loved? are all markedly similar to the album versions, though DYFL is cleaned up a little bit and recorded with better vocals. Discotheque is similar to the Vertigo Tour version, though the outro includes the "Boom Cha's." IYWTVD is similar to the live version in execution, but has the full song played, with all of its lyrics. NASOTR is the studio recording. Please is played like the PopMart version. WUDM is the album version.

EPs:
Gone
1. Gone
2. Two Shots of Happy, One Shot of Sad
3. Your Blue Room (Passengers)

Do You Feel Loved?
1. Do You Feel Loved?
2. Miami
3. The Playboy Mansion

Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
1. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
2. Always Forever Now (Passengers)

Please
1. Please
2. North and South of the River
3. If God Will Send His Angels

Staring at the Sun
1. Staring at the Sun
2. Beach Sequence (Passengers)
3. Slow Dancing (Willie Nelson Version)

what about the MTV VMA version of please? that ones the best imo. Not a bad list though, but i do perfer the popmart era version of GOne to elevation.

:up:

Here's my on the fly revision of U2 Pop history:

1. Mofo (less with the techno beat, more with real, hand-played drums, and less of the siren loop--not the super-high thing, but the weird mid-range thing)

2. Last Night On Earth (more like the live version on the intro and outro)

3. Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me (exactly as it is)

4. If You Wear That Velvet Dress (exactly as it is, except with a lingering synth that fades into the following track's intro)

5. Discotheque

6. Do You Feel Loved?

7. Gone

8. (Something That Isn't Miami) (like the second half of the live version of Miami)

9. Holy Joe (the garage mix)

10. Staring At The Sun

11. Please (without the wah-wah on the guitar)

12. Wake Up Dead Man

I think with HMTMKMKM and LNOE, either version, live or studio, works well.

Mrs. G: Didn't like the MTV VMA Please. I think it's a bit overrated: the guitar tone was much worse than on Popmart, Bono's vocals weren't great. Really the only thing that improved was the visuals.

And for Gone, the outro to Elevation Gone is much better, much more concise conclusion to the song.

phillyfan26 said:
I think with HMTMKMKM and LNOE, either version, live or studio, works well.

Mrs. G: Didn't like the MTV VMA Please. I think it's a bit overrated: the guitar tone was much worse than on Popmart, Bono's vocals weren't great. Really the only thing that improved was the visuals.

And for Gone, the outro to Elevation Gone is much better, much more concise conclusion to the song.

I read somewhere that some of Edge's pedals and effects for Please were already going to the next city on the tour and he just had to make do with what he had. I think thats why they rehearsed it like 4 times.

Last edited:
the tourist said:
:up:

Here's my on the fly revision of U2 Pop history:

1. Mofo (less with the techno beat, more with real, hand-played drums,...)

Uh, the drums in Mofo are played by Larry...double tracked, but played on a drum kit...they were originally a drum loop, but U2 decided to add the band flavor to it and Larry was able to double his drumbeat to add more punch to the song...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom