All U2 iTunes Digital Box set Discussion 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dit·to Audio pronunciation of "ditto" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dt)
n. pl. dit·tos

1. The same as stated above or before.
2. A duplicate; a copy.
3. A pair of small marks ( ) used to indicated that the word, phrase, or figure given above is to be repeated.

adv.

As before.

tr.v. dit·toed, dit·to·ing, dit·tos

To duplicate (a document, for example).

brownda7 said:
dit·to Audio pronunciation of "ditto" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (dt)
n. pl. dit·tos

1. The same as stated above or before.
2. A duplicate; a copy.
3. A pair of small marks ( ) used to indicated that the word, phrase, or figure given above is to be repeated.

adv.

As before.

tr.v. dit·toed, dit·to·ing, dit·tos

To duplicate (a document, for example).

Aha. I guess I'm not familiar with Aussie lingo. You see, over hear Ditto sometimes is used as a means of belittling a comment.

Alright, I thought I would just defend Apple here for a second - iTunes would be in every single country if Apple had anything to say about it. Do you think Apple is anti-profit? Apple had to negotiate for over a year to get iTunes in the UK, because the record companies there had to agree to allow their songs on the store, and Apple had to keep talking with them until they agreed that the 99 cent price was reasonable. U2 is in discussions with Australia, Japan, etc. It is not Apple's fault. Blame your respective country's record industry.

Miggy D that is a valid point but in Australia since we have three online music sites running down under at the moment already so I still blame apple.

bigpond music and nine msn are 2 examples.

Timeasia had an article about Itunes and it lack of availability in Asia, businesspeople dealing in this kind of stuff were bewildered by the slowness of it all, and it wasn't the fault of the recordcompanies, it was apple who were reluectance to jump into the market. Because of that, there are entrepreneurs who have set up their onw version of Itunes in the region.

New plan...

thanks Nuke.....

going to zip all the files together, upload to you send it and then post links...will be a bit longer wait...but you'll get them!

Shaizari said:
Timeasia had an article about Itunes and it lack of availability in Asia, businesspeople dealing in this kind of stuff were bewildered by the slowness of it all, and it wasn't the fault of the recordcompanies, it was apple who were reluectance to jump into the market. Because of that, there are entrepreneurs who have set up their onw version of Itunes in the region.

Exactly so we can go back to bashing apple!

ok I wait just a tad longer for bonoman....

meanwhile.....I've got a question:

Does anyone think the mixing on the alternate versions (native son, aboy alternate) is much more crispier and guitar friendly than HTDAAB. HTDAAB has a raw sound which i don't mind, but the chris thomas mixes had very clear layers in its wall of guitars.

that sounds great...could you please gmail it to me? That would be f-in wonderfull :) Thanks in advance :)

P.s. i don't think you can compress it down any further...the zip process is irrelevent anyway as the mp3s are allready compressed. (though it does put it into one file which is cool)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom