'All out of u2'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Well its happened to me again....i finally played u2 to death.
What with the excitement of the new (now old) album and the tour i was in u2 heaven but i think i've overdosed on the boys and now i have no urge at all to listen to their music at the mo :ohmy: . But dont worry about me...i'll get my u2 lovin' back after a small break as this always happens after a new album.
Oh happy new year to everyone as i havent been around for a while :wave:

I know what you mean BUT ITS YOUR OWN FAULT ;)

There's nothing like rediscovering the band when you've had a break is there!

I've just watched an old PopMart bootleg and I couldn't have had a wider grin on my gob!

Same, I went through over a month not listening to any U2 and when I got back into it I felt like I appreciated it a whole lot more.

boystupidboy said:
Well its happened to me again....i finally played u2 to death.
What with the excitement of the new (now old) album and the tour i was in u2 heaven but i think i've overdosed on the boys and now i have no urge at all to listen to their music at the mo :ohmy:

well, with that nickname, is no surprise :tsk:

Same here. I only really listen to U2 these days if I'm listening to my iTunes library on random. Never voluntarily. I've been "U2-ed out."

pepokiss said:
GG, you changed your picture.... :(

loltimcurry.jpg

Eliv8 said:
I got U2'd out by about 1/2 way through the first leg.

Third leg did it for me. After the Canadian shows ended, I just stopped caring.

I know what you mean. I hadn't listened to U2 or visited Interference in months. Then the other day I decided to listen to Mercy. And oh holy shit. I fell hard for that song. And from there it was easy to get back into the band again.

I try not to take breaks from U2, becuase then I start to realize how easy it is for me to go without them and that's not exactly a good feeling. :|

I usually take "album breaks," in which I go a long time without listening to a certain U2 album instead of taking a break from all of them at once. I think Pop has had a long enough break, come to think of it.

I'm the same I usually take album breaks. Recently I stopped listening because I didn't want to overdose myself. The other day though, I was at work singing..."baby, baby, baby, light my way..." for some reason and couldn't stop.
It doesn't matter how many times I've listened to Achtung Baby I cannot get sick of it. I will go through phases where I'll get so into a song off that album and it's Ultraviolet's turn again.

I am an addict with this band and I can't stop it. :combust:

Slipstream said:

It doesn't matter how many times I've listened to Achtung Baby I cannot get sick of it.
I am an addict with this band and I can't stop it.
... Agreed Slipstream...

Well ... I am a new addict if you will. I have always been a casual U2 fan, saw them 1st on the Elevation tour, and twice on this tour...and now... I CANNOT STOP LISTENING TO THEM.. they are in my cd player all the time in my car.. I tried listening to the radio the other day.. but No, there was nothing worth listening to..so of course I popped in my philly U2 boot/ from 10/17/05.. I love it !!
I think I've been listening constantly since October.. ..
I cannot even tell you how often I have watched the Vertigo DVD, and I bought myself the Slane DVD for by birthday in December.
Love them both, but I think I like Slane best...
There is so much I don't know about this band.... and so much I want to know.... Cause I still haven't found what I'm looking for!

Back
Top Bottom