All NON-LISTENERS - UNITE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheFlyOnTheWall

Refugee
Hi!

I think there are less of us with each day - refusing to listen to the new piece of music by The band.
I'm telling you to stay strong to the end :wink: (it's faraway, I know, but it's also so close).
So let's do a kind of "petition" so we know how much of us are still here!

I'll go first:

(you just put your numbers, please, keep it clean :wink: )

Yeah, I'm here too. My favorite part about a new record is listening to it straight through with headphones while looking at the lyrics/booklet. This is, of course, after speeding off to the record store on the day of release to snatch a copy....I can't ruin that fun tradition/experience...especially for quite possibly the most anticipated album EVER for me! NO downloads for me!

However, I have indulged in live versions of COBL, ABOY, OOTS, and the one minute of LAPOE on the little video thing...am I still a virgin them? :)

Hey guys! What's up?

I have some really cool new songs I want to share with you guys, so if you could kindly post your email addresses it will be very much appreciated!

Thanks

FullonEdge2 said:
Hey guys! What's up?

I have some really cool new songs I want to share with you guys, so if you could kindly post your email addresses it will be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Oh, so kind from you... :sad:

But that's not the problem, really!
You see, I have downloaded Miracle Drug days ago. But I still haven't listened it.

Thanks anyway:wink:

Here is what non-listeners missed and are missing:

The unexpected surprise of listening to the album early. Not knowing when it is coming and to suddenly being able to hear it is a wonderful experience. I literally started shaking when I learned it had leaked!

The joy of being one of the very first people to hear it. You have it before anyone else does. It's a wonderful feeling to drive down the street or through a parking lot with the window rolled down blaring brand NEW U2!

I plan on buying at least two copies of the album when it comes out, btw. :wink:

Edit: To all of you who can wait, I admire you. I am weak. :)

I also truly believe that all of you who are waiting for the release date are going to be very disappointed that you didn't listen to the songs earlier.

So you're running out of time!

7!! I'm still in. you know, it was really hard the first few days after it leaked with all the ranting and raving going on in here, but it's gotten easier since then. I know Im getting it Nov 23, and that's it, so I am jsut waiting patiently.

shrmn8rpoptart said:

this is going to be a lot harder now that it's getting played on the radio!

But if it is being played on the radio , doesn't that make it ok for u guys to listen to it??

FullonEdge2 said:

Hey Biff! It's your lucky day! Please post your email so I can send you some really cool songs that will brighten your day!:evil:

This guy's evil! :) He's trying to get you all to a place called Vertigo.

Donde esta, you ask? It's a warm and safe place...

I'm at work now and when I walked into my department my coworker yelled at me that there playing a new u2 song on the radio. I dropped my purse and ran out into the hallway and then just cracked up when I relized what I had done. I guess I'm getting a little nuts about holding out. Now I have to spend the rest of the evening trying to convince my coworker I not crazy.

Atomic Monkey said:
Yeah, I'm here too. My favorite part about a new record is listening to it straight through with headphones while looking at the lyrics/booklet. This is, of course, after speeding off to the record store on the day of release to snatch a copy....I can't ruin that fun tradition/experience...especially for quite possibly the most anticipated album EVER for me! NO downloads for me!

However, I have indulged in live versions of COBL, ABOY, OOTS, and the one minute of LAPOE on the little video thing...am I still a virgin them? :)

Certainly. I've listened to the same stuff you have. But I'm not gonna listen to anything else.

I've downloaded Vertigo and the full version of LAPOE. I've also heard the loop of Fast Cars but hey I don't think extra songs/b-sides count. ;)

If it's on the radio, however, there's no way in hell I will not listen! And my brother said they played ABOY on the radio earlier today...I missed it because well, I was torturing co-workers and playing U2 cds all day. :D

Not to be mean, but you guys are torturing yourselves unessacarily....the band has given persmision to the radio stations to play the albums....it isn't really 'naughty' anymore to have access to the album.

starsgoblue said:
Not to be mean, but you guys are torturing yourselves unessacarily....the band has given persmision to the radio stations to play the albums....it isn't really 'naughty' anymore to have access to the album.

I know.:wink: But the 23rd is when I get out for the Thanksgiving Holidays. I just want that fall afternoon to be special.
Or maybe I'm just wierd.:|

Yeah I know it's needless torture...but well, I have dial-up connection and crappy speakers. It takes forever to download a song. I don't mind hearing b-sides on my crappy speakers but I want to hear the full album how it's supposed to sound, not with all the fuzz....

And what is there to be excited about at a midnight release (if there is one) if I have already heard all the songs? I want to listen to it for the first time in my car on the way home. Yeah I'm strange, I know...

I listen to Vertigo and LAPOE over and over again, and I'm gathering some b-sides to keep me occupied. I'll be listening to the radio to maybe hear some new songs too. I'm fine, I'm not really feeling tortured, just excited. :)

Back
Top Bottom