All Is Right With The World - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 AM
All Is Right With The World

I'm sitting here after drinking a full 6 pack of Heineken, smoking a cigarette and listening to the Slane Castle version of One......right at this very moment in time, every thing is right....I feel totally and completely satisfied. Anyone else ever have this "moment of clarity"?

Old 10-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 05:49 AM
I am all about a 12 pack of crap beer and listening to Tool's Aenima, but yeah, I love U2.

After I am dont I am goona listen to some ABOY and COBL from TOTP.

ENOUGH OF THE ACRONYMYS!!!!!!! ABOY is genius.

Old 10-21-2004, 10:08 PM   #3
War Child

Yeah, hearing the toilet flush behind me with the newspaper neatly folded under my arm. The moment is clear!

Wish I could join ya, but it's not the end of the week for me yet...
Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I have had several Budwieser products tonight - the Cardinals are going to the world series for the first time since 1987 - I have been promised tickets for game 4 - life is good.

then there is that little matter of a new U2 Cd coming out in a little over a month
Old 10-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Ok, I just drank a bottle of Pinot Grigio..... all is definetly right with the world!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:32 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

I'm listening to U2, Coldplay Oasis, Dave Matthews, John Mayer, Sarah Maclachlan, Ani DiFranco and such....how could I not be estatic?!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 03:49 AM
One of the coolest moments:

The first time I was in Ireland, September 2000 -

It was about 8am and I hopped in the rental car I got from the car hire at Shannon airport. I was driving for about 30 minutes and as I got to the top of a hill the sun started peeking through and I saw a beautiful rainbow. It was an amazing feeling, but this is the best part - I decided to turn on the radio and heard a familiar voice. It sounded like U2... I was gobsmacked. There I was in this idyllic moment and to add to it, the single Beautiful Day came out that day. It was the 1st time I heard it and it was the perfect setting. The 1st song I heard my 1st time in Ireland was Beautiful Day ... and it was
Old 10-21-2004, 10:46 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Thank you so much for sharing that memory....how beautiful that must have been!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:00 PM   #9
Refugee

thats a great story brach

so i was leaving a friends house the night after a HUGE party. lets just say i didnt remember much after the southern comfort i think i woke up in the basement of the house- i was the only one left, so I crawled up the stairs and saw daylight and thought to myself "thank god i'm alive" i seriously never drank that much. to celebrate my drive home that afternoon (took several hours to kill the hangover) i popped in atyclb- its the perfect hangover album. the best part- i was driving past midway airport and as the jets were passing overhead 'beautiful day' was roaring. it was pretty fuckin cool
Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

That is a really sweet memory...whenever I see planes flying over my apartment or wherever I am at--I think of Beautiful Day!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

As a side note---Van Morrison is awesome!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:13 PM   #12
Refugee

baby, please dont go down to new orleans....BEST SONG EVER

well maybe not ever
Old 10-21-2004, 11:15 PM   #13
Refugee

i envy drunken musical fun right now- must work in the morning
Old 10-22-2004, 06:40 AM   #14
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by brachanam9
One of the coolest moments:

The first time I was in Ireland, September 2000 -

It was about 8am and I hopped in the rental car I got from the car hire at Shannon airport. I was driving for about 30 minutes and as I got to the top of a hill the sun started peeking through and I saw a beautiful rainbow. It was an amazing feeling, but this is the best part - I decided to turn on the radio and heard a familiar voice. It sounded like U2... I was gobsmacked. There I was in this idyllic moment and to add to it, the single Beautiful Day came out that day. It was the 1st time I heard it and it was the perfect setting. The 1st song I heard my 1st time in Ireland was Beautiful Day ... and it was
i've had a similiar experience

it was in south africa and i had just left college and was on my way to the beach. it was one of those perfect hot days, where the heats just hanging in the air, its everywhere around you and its perfect summers day.
i'm sitting in my car at the traffic lights in my favourite part of cape town with my window open and this cool breeze blowing over my face just loving the day when Beautiful Day comes on the radio. it was so fitting and for a second there was simply the most perfect single moment of my life.
its great because now everytime i think of south africa its that single image that comes to my mind... all the good stuff, none of the bad.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:09 AM   #15
Refugee

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Back when I was 13 years old, first getting into U2, I sat on a mountainside in Scotland whilst walking my dog listening to a cassette on my walkman of 40 from Under A Blood Red Sky, looking at a beautiful view for miles, and thought to myself that if this was the national anthem for every country in the world there would be no war.

That is a little embarassing to admit and was the old innocent me. But at the time it was a magic moment. And there have been many since
Old 10-22-2004, 07:11 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Between June 18, 2001 and July 18, 2001 my mother was in cardiac ICU. I would go to see her 3 times a day, leaving work on morning break, afternoon break, and in the evening. She was unconscious pretty much the whole time, on a respirator. One morning of the second week, I went in and she was conscious. I spoke with her and she'd blink her eyes in response. I went back to my car, turned on the radio and "Walk On" came on. During that whole month of sheer terror until she passed away, U2 kept the steel in my backbone and my knees from buckling many a time because when I'd get back to my car in the parking garage, I'd know I could find them there, waiting to hold me up through the sadness. Not a happy moment of clarity, but one all the same.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:26 AM   #17
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:49 AM
Well I am sorry about your mother, it sounded so sad but U2 or any music can get you through any mood. Glad that the boys were there for you.

Mine was when I was 10 years old all alone in my house (we did that back then) and I stole a tape from my sisters room to listen to while I sat in the sun. All of a sudden Two Hearts came on. I was so loving it. I ran in the house and threw the tape in the stero and blasted it dancing around my house. It was a happy feeling. The first time I felt free and independence.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:33 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

I'm really enjoying these posts from you guys....

SwanDiver
Old 10-22-2004, 09:21 AM   #19
War Child

October 10, 2001 we got to sing my mother home with U2 at Notre Dame. 10,000 person arena (I know I've told this story many a time ...) My sister and I both got a pair of tickets via Ticketmaster after they'd been sold all day to the Notre Dame crowd -- a miracle in itself. We laughed, we sang, we cried. It was a spectacular evening. We were behind the stage, but so close. Bono came back and sang "Angel of Harlem" to us at the back of the stage, instead of at the tip of the heart.

I love those guys ....
Old 10-22-2004, 09:40 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh, SwanDiver...

About 15 years ago, I was freelancing for the company where I still do freelance work. We didn't have computers in those days...I did my writing on an electronic typewriter, and had to type up a clean copy to hand in after I'd edited all over my rough draft. And, being a procrastinator of the highest order, I found myself working well into the night many nights.

I don't know why, but "Heartland" off of R&H became my song for those long nights. I'd take breaks to listen to it, and something about it gave me the strength to keep working. I still don't know what it is about that particular song that gave it this sort of magical power over me. All I know is that it helped me through these stressful times, and I'll always be grateful to U2 for that.