All Is Right With The World

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
I'm sitting here after drinking a full 6 pack of Heineken, smoking a cigarette and listening to the Slane Castle version of One......right at this very moment in time, every thing is right....I feel totally and completely satisfied. Anyone else ever have this "moment of clarity"?

I am all about a 12 pack of crap beer and listening to Tool's Aenima, but yeah, I love U2.

After I am dont I am goona listen to some ABOY and COBL from TOTP.

ENOUGH OF THE ACRONYMYS!!!!!!! ABOY is genius.

Yeah, hearing the toilet flush behind me with the newspaper neatly folded under my arm. The moment is clear! :eyebrow:

Wish I could join ya, but it's not the end of the week for me yet...

I have had several Budwieser products tonight - the Cardinals are going to the world series for the first time since 1987 - I have been promised tickets for game 4 - life is good.

then there is that little matter of a new U2 Cd coming out in a little over a month:wink:

One of the coolest moments:

The first time I was in Ireland, September 2000 -

It was about 8am and I hopped in the rental car I got from the car hire at Shannon airport. I was driving for about 30 minutes and as I got to the top of a hill the sun started peeking through and I saw a beautiful rainbow. It was an amazing feeling, but this is the best part - I decided to turn on the radio and heard a familiar voice. It sounded like U2... I was gobsmacked. There I was in this idyllic moment and to add to it, the single Beautiful Day came out that day. It was the 1st time I heard it and it was the perfect setting. The 1st song I heard my 1st time in Ireland was Beautiful Day ... and it was :)

thats a great story brach

so i was leaving a friends house the night after a HUGE party. lets just say i didnt remember much after the southern comfort :drunk: i think i woke up in the basement of the house- i was the only one left, so I crawled up the stairs and saw daylight and thought to myself "thank god i'm alive" i seriously never drank that much. to celebrate my drive home that afternoon (took several hours to kill the hangover) i popped in atyclb- its the perfect hangover album. the best part- i was driving past midway airport and as the jets were passing overhead 'beautiful day' was roaring. it was pretty fuckin cool :wink:

brachanam9 said:
One of the coolest moments:

The first time I was in Ireland, September 2000 -

It was about 8am and I hopped in the rental car I got from the car hire at Shannon airport. I was driving for about 30 minutes and as I got to the top of a hill the sun started peeking through and I saw a beautiful rainbow. It was an amazing feeling, but this is the best part - I decided to turn on the radio and heard a familiar voice. It sounded like U2... I was gobsmacked. There I was in this idyllic moment and to add to it, the single Beautiful Day came out that day. It was the 1st time I heard it and it was the perfect setting. The 1st song I heard my 1st time in Ireland was Beautiful Day ... and it was :)

i've had a similiar experience

it was in south africa and i had just left college and was on my way to the beach. it was one of those perfect hot days, where the heats just hanging in the air, its everywhere around you and its perfect summers day.
i'm sitting in my car at the traffic lights in my favourite part of cape town with my window open and this cool breeze blowing over my face just loving the day when Beautiful Day comes on the radio. it was so fitting and for a second there was simply the most perfect single moment of my life.
its great because now everytime i think of south africa its that single image that comes to my mind... all the good stuff, none of the bad.

Back when I was 13 years old, first getting into U2, I sat on a mountainside in Scotland whilst walking my dog listening to a cassette on my walkman of 40 from Under A Blood Red Sky, looking at a beautiful view for miles, and thought to myself that if this was the national anthem for every country in the world there would be no war.

That is a little embarassing to admit and was the old innocent me. But at the time it was a magic moment. And there have been many since:)

Between June 18, 2001 and July 18, 2001 my mother was in cardiac ICU. I would go to see her 3 times a day, leaving work on morning break, afternoon break, and in the evening. She was unconscious pretty much the whole time, on a respirator. One morning of the second week, I went in and she was conscious. I spoke with her and she'd blink her eyes in response. I went back to my car, turned on the radio and "Walk On" came on. During that whole month of sheer terror until she passed away, U2 kept the steel in my backbone and my knees from buckling many a time because when I'd get back to my car in the parking garage, I'd know I could find them there, waiting to hold me up through the sadness. Not a happy moment of clarity, but one all the same.

Well I am sorry about your mother, it sounded so sad:sad: but U2 or any music can get you through any mood. Glad that the boys were there for you.

Mine was when I was 10 years old all alone in my house (we did that back then) and I stole a tape from my sisters room to listen to while I sat in the sun. All of a sudden Two Hearts came on. I was so loving it. I ran in the house and threw the tape in the stero and blasted it dancing around my house. It was a happy feeling. The first time I felt free and independence.

October 10, 2001 we got to sing my mother home with U2 at Notre Dame. 10,000 person arena (I know I've told this story many a time ...) My sister and I both got a pair of tickets via Ticketmaster after they'd been sold all day to the Notre Dame crowd -- a miracle in itself. We laughed, we sang, we cried. It was a spectacular evening. We were behind the stage, but so close. Bono came back and sang "Angel of Harlem" to us :wink: at the back of the stage, instead of at the tip of the heart.

I love those guys ....

Oh, SwanDiver...:hug:

About 15 years ago, I was freelancing for the company where I still do freelance work. We didn't have computers in those days...I did my writing on an electronic typewriter, and had to type up a clean copy to hand in after I'd edited all over my rough draft. And, being a procrastinator of the highest order, I found myself working well into the night many nights.

I don't know why, but "Heartland" off of R&H became my song for those long nights. I'd take breaks to listen to it, and something about it gave me the strength to keep working. I still don't know what it is about that particular song that gave it this sort of magical power over me. All I know is that it helped me through these stressful times, and I'll always be grateful to U2 for that.

Last edited:
Ok...I actually have several dramatic U2 induced moments of clarity....I'll share this one....

I was involved in an abusive relationship a few years ago....I was driving in my car one day listening to a mixed CD of U2 and "Stay" came on. When I heard, "Because when he hurts you, you feel alive" I began to cry. I realized then that I was going to end the relationship. Bono was an angel for that woman in the video of "Stay" and he was mine too.

:reject:

starsgoblue said:
Ok...I actually have several dramatic U2 induced moments of clarity....I'll share this one....

I was involved in an abusive relationship a few years ago....I was driving in my car one day listening to a mixed CD of U2 and "Stay" came on. When I heard, "Because when he hurts you, you feel alive" I began to cry. I realized then that I was going to end the relationship. Bono was an angel for that woman in the video of "Stay" and he was mine too.

:reject:

wow. thats amzing. if anything because you realised how bad it was and got yourself out of it. :hug:
thats one of my favourite songs, its so dark and desolate and really hits me hard sometimes.
i think its a song that many of us can relate to at some point or another in our lives. i know i can

Shit, on Wednesday night I was at Game 7 of the Yankees-Red Sox game, one of the biggest rivalries in sports, American league championship. And to top it off it was my first game at Yankee stadium. We walked through the tunnel and in the stadium, it was one of the first time's I ever walked into a place and actually FELT the energy (u2 concert was another).

We got there an hour early and we were pre-gaming in the stands, and as I looked around the ballpark, drinking a beer, they played "Streets Have No Name." That moment right there I'll remember for life (they followed with "Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins, :up:)

Last edited:
My moment of clarity when all was right with the world came on Sunday Sept 13, 1992 in Racine, Wisconsin. There I was in the Camp Randall football stadium on the campus of UW-Racine with my best friend of 16 years - and four of the best musicians God's ever put of his green Earth. We had crap seats (waaaay up in the furthest part of the stadium from the stage!), but we were in the same vicinity as our guys and they were playing their hearts out. I will never forget the feeling I had when they started "Mysterious Ways" and I looked out over the top of the stadium to a huge full moon just rising on the horizon. It gives me chills to this day & it's second only to my memory of the first time I ever remember hearing them at all.

:hug: Digsy

Yeah that year U2 really impacted my life, I must admit. It was that year I went to the U2 concert that gave me my revelation....many things in my life changed following that. U2 will never be 'just a band' to me. :heart:

You all have me in tears here. Seriously.

I hope those guys know just how many hearts they have helped to heal, how many burdens lessened and the losses that have been made a tad more bearable.

God bless those men, their lyrics and their passion for what they do.

:hug: Brach :hug:

Bono once said this, "U2 on it's own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it's audience is a culture."

We are all part of this wonderful cultural fabric that weaves together the essence of U2. The emotions that U2 has lead us all to have probably ranged from the most raw intensity of exposed nerves to the most profound outpouring of hearts. U2 reaches into all of us and awakens feelings that we all forget we have the capability to feel. Yes, God bless U2 for being the patriarchs of this culture and for putting life into music and our souls. :heart:

Last edited:
This is a great thread, although mine is not a happy one...

Back during the holiday season in 1999, I was home from college several times. One of those times, my best friend and I admitted that we had feelings for one another. The problem was, she was married with a six month-old baby, and I was living six hours away. Soon after, the MDH soundtrack came out, and "Stateless" grabbed me instantly, it seemed to be written about my whole situation.
"I've got no home in this world, just you, and you are not mine."
That line hit home. Our friendship somehow remained intact up until last year, but it was never the same. I miss her friendship dearly, she was like a sister.....
That song reminds me of all of that, so it's hard to listen to sometimes.

Inner El Guapo said:
I am all about a 12 pack of crap beer and listening to Tool's Aenima, but yeah, I love U2.

After I am dont I am goona listen to some ABOY and COBL from TOTP.

ENOUGH OF THE ACRONYMYS!!!!!!! ABOY is genius.

Holy smokes Aenima, what a great album.

When I was in eigth grade, I was really depressed, which had to do with seventh grade, the previous year (all kinds of bad things happened that school year). I was having panic attacks as a result and was just having a really bad time. Although my life had turned around since the year before, I was still in pain from it emotionally.

On October 13, 2001, I bought ATYCLB, my first U2 album. It was such a comfort and I felt like I had just discovered something new and wonderful in my life and, I believe, helped me through my depression. I look back on the end of 2001 with fondness and think of October 13 as a sort of holiday for me.

Back
Top Bottom