All I Want Is You -> Bad, 1989-10-20 Sydney is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTU2fan

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The. Best. Transition. Ever.

No question about it, it flat out rocks. If you haven't heard this get it ASAP. The boot called "In the Name of Sydney" is probably the best recording available.

Amen.

I wish they'd done this transition more often. If I remember correctly, there are only one or two other examples of it. It's godly. :drool:

Yep, just a couple, all on Lovetown Leg 1. Helps that they seem really into playing the songs, particularly Bono...he ends up shouting out "All I Want Is You!" over & over during Bad too, which just puts it over the top.

I should make an mp3 & throw a link up...

CTU2fan said:
Yep, just a couple, all on Lovetown Leg 1. Helps that they seem really into playing the songs, particularly Bono...he ends up shouting out "All I Want Is You!" over & over during Bad too, which just puts it over the top.

I should make an mp3 & throw a link up...

Yeah, the way Bono worked AIWIY back into Bad was just fantastic. The two songs fit together like a glove and it's a shame this combo was never pursued further. If I remember correctly, the other performances of it were at the last Sydney show on 1989-11-19 and one of the Melbourne shows, I think 1989-10-12.

Tracking down these performances is definitely worth the time of anyone here.

yeah, the version of bad with the snippet of all i want is you and norweigen wood was really good.. and powerful.

OK, here they go...

All I Want Is You:
http://www.yo .com/download/Gz2rlVi1oxN5TA%3D%3D

Bad:
http://www.yo .com/download/Gz2rlRlAoxN5TA%3D%3D

Just put a "u" in the space.

OK, never mind...put "u " in the space...

OK, double edit... put u s e n d i t in the space, with no spaces. Grr.

redhotswami said:
oh my god my poor ears. someone should've slapped that one girl! her screaming is like nails on a chalkboard!!!!!!

She's all through the bootleg too. :mad:

If I remember correctly, there's one point where she calls out TOTALLY the wrong band member's name too. It's something like she calls out Larry's name during Van Diemen's Land, and we all know who performed that, heh.

Axver said:

She's all through the bootleg too. :mad:

If I remember correctly, there's one point where she calls out TOTALLY the wrong band member's name too. It's something like she calls out Larry's name during Van Diemen's Land, and we all know who performed that, heh.

lol omg. i would've snuck a cracker into her mouth if i was standing next to her.

i gotta hand it to her though, she has a powerful voice!

The version they're offering on u2start is rated 3 out of 5 stars. I see on the covers on the bottom of the page that there's an "In the Name of Sydney - Remastered." Is that remastered version better than 3/5 stars, or do you think it's the same version they have up on u2start? I know, random question.

I want a remastered version that comes complete with a bonus DVD of a sock being pushed into Squealy Girl's mouth! :mad:

Ya the girl is really annoying, she might win the "worst screamer near a taper" award...and I think she does chant Larry's name into Van Diemen's Land.

What I just upped is from the Darren Glen remaster. The original had more tape hiss, ran a little fast, and some other issues.

The Popmart Mexico show features a squealer, also. Listen to "Last Night On Earth" from the Elevation single...she actually made in onto an official U2 CD release...

Pig sodomy?

i love the zoo tv versions of bad that include a snippet of candle in the wind and that van morrison song right after it.

those were good too.

Back
Top Bottom