All I Want Is You Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZeroDude

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Great song isn't, great lyrics, great guitar plus since I play an acoustic version of it right now great fun to perform, All I Want Is You everyone share the love:wink:

A river in a time of dryness
A harbour in the tempest...

such a gorgeous song. The Edge's solo at the end is out of this world. Perfect epic end to that era.

^
Yea I actually think it's underatted in the grand scheme of things here not alot of people mention it as an all time favorite:|

ZeroDude said:
^
Yea I actually think it's underatted in the grand scheme of things here not alot of people mention it as an all time favorite:|

True. Maybe cos it doesn't have very complex lyrics.

All i want is you is song that all people like and love to hear, but won't mention it in top 5, but it's a song that is always there, in our hearts, minds, souls and ALWAYS will be. I hope to hear it live, some day.

Love it!!!!!...All i want is..............YOU!!!!....

I love this song live...especially when Bono gets the crowd to sing the "you" part. :yes::dance:

All I Want Is You is my number one all-time favorite U2 song. I love it so much. Everything about this song is amazing. The vocal, the lyric, the guitar (best Edge solo ever), the orchestral outro...all combine to create the best song U2 ever wrote.

Every live cd that I have that has this song on it, it is the song that the crowd seems to go wild for the most. It is truly one of the most beautiful songs ever written. Disaapointingly I think most think it is a song about love gone wrong but to me it is actually a declaration of true love. That is why my wife and I also danced to this song at our wedding for our first dance. The full album version is best with the orcehstra at the end. We went to 7 elevation shows and disappointingly they didn't play it at one of them. Oh well just another reason to see multiple shows this tour (if I can ever get tickets).

Thanks for starting this thread.

U2gator

Zoomerang96 said:
one of their best, no doubt about it.

:ohmy:

true feelings....the bear is romantic....

almost as good as Airbag

this song is perfection. PERFECTION, i tell you....

the "mood" is so perfect, the lyrics are amazing, and the music fits so perfectly with that the song is about. When Bono yells out the desperate yells of "ALL I WANT IS YOU" at the end you hear Edge's guitar build with it and have that awesome solo at the end. Incredible.

Right at the end of the solo I always wave my arm in the air, the sort of moment of sheer joy, it's amazing, one of those timeless songs that sounds like nothing else in the history of music, again amzing stuff:wink:

tiny dancer said:
plus the video.

Aw, the video's awesome. Rather sad, but great nonetheless...got an interesting story and everything.

And yes, this song is wonderful...I heard it on the radio Saturday night (was being played during a radio show I was listening to), and...yeah, it's a beautiful song. I love the lyrics.

And hey, it doesn't hurt that Benmont Tench from Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers plays on this song, either :D.

Angela

i remember when it came out as a single and they showed the whole video at the cinema,just before the film started.I remember the song/video but i'm buggered if i can remember what film it was:huh: A U2 CLASSIC:drool: :drool:

Best 80's song. So fitting that they end the era with this.
It's so climatic, it's so powerful, U2 in a nutshell.

And singing a little bit of Sexual Healing into it makes it even better I think. Can't wait to hear this one live.

The 1989-12-30 dublin version of that is awesome...love that song.

Back
Top Bottom