All I Want Is You!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saxgoddess

The Fly
Okay, this is an extremely blonde question I'm sure, but I'm new to this site and I recently saw the video for All I Want Is You. First of all, who besides me thinks that this video is bizzare but oddly enough, adorable? The blonde part of my question is, is it the trapeze girl who dies in the video? How does she die? That part goes by so fast and it confuses me so that I can't stop thinking about it! Thanks!

From http://www.u2faq.com/

2.3.11 Who dies at the end of the "All I Want Is You" video?
{MJS} This question truly is frequently asked. I think it's the woman.

{DAC} I believe it is the midget who is in love with her. Earlier in the video he threw himself off the high trapeze swing, and when we see him at the funeral, it is really his ghost, and only his friend the strong man even senses that he is there. Then he throws in the ring, to be buried along with himself.

{CG} One widely accepted interpretation is that what's being buried on the funeral is the love from the midget for the woman - Thus he throws the ring in the grave. This also explains that "flying" camera effect - that's the midget's love leaving him.

I like the last answer above best! This video is in my top 5 all time favourites by any band.

I read about this mistery long before I bought the Best of 80's videos a few weeks ago.

:shrug:

I think it's the woman, and that is why the midget throws the ring inside the grave.

So they really leave it up to you to decide? That's why I didn't get it. Thanks! I love this video and they way it's shot. I especially like it because AIWIU is my fave U2 song. The Edge, the orchestra, Bono writing it for the love of his life.....:drool:

what on earth is netscape?
and why does that site want e to have it?

Back
Top Bottom