All because of you the next single in Europe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P_H, I thought you were part of the crowd fearing U2 would not go to Perth and thus you wouldn't see them.

If I'm wrong, then I apologise for the misunderstanding.

U2tour.de says Universal Germany confirmed this.

Didn't they learn from what happened with that single in America?

U2girl said:
U2tour.de says Universal Germany confirmed this.

Didn't they learn from what happened with that single in America?

I'm guessing it has to do with the time of year. I think OOTS will be released in October/November when they are touring in the States again, because OOTS is a winter-ish song. In August, they still need a faster, summer-ish song, and seeing as Vertigo was a world-wide release, their options for summer-ish songs dwindle to ABOY and LAPOE. Yes, I would prefer LAPOE as a single, but whatever. I don't listen to the radio anyway.

At this rate it looks like the single releases will go into 2006 and maybe beyond. I don't believe that they are releasing ABOY as another single and then after OOTS. What crap are they gonna put on the b-sides of these singles.......SYCMIOYO - The-wacky-fucker-slaphead-mix and COBL - The baddass-pile-of-shite-mix. Maybe its gonna be a double b side single or should that be a double a side. Mmm I'm confused.:wink:

POP-ROMANCER said:
That would be nice, a double A side. All because of you AND Original of the species!
U2 have never done that before.

It's a better idea "All because of you" as b-side of OOTS :wink: .
And still remain "Miracle Drug" and "Love and Peace or Else" :hyper:

:no: This is crap. I had been looking forward to OOTS. Now we get the weakest song on the album instead. :hmm: I think it's because they would feel obliged to actually play OOTS live if they gave it out as a single, and they obviously don't dare to play it :tsk:

hey there....dont post too much, except when really feel about something...but I think All because of You is good choice for next single.

I certainly dont agree with the way they're having different singles for different parts of the world, but I think after 'Sometimes' and 'City' its time for another full on rocker.......

...while I play the album, its not one of me faves....but as a single, and on the radio, it somehow works alot better...alot of energy, and UK radio for one could use that now....everything sounds the same....wishy washy crap at the moment....

I strongly believe that Original of the Species would not succeed as a single. Its a great song, and one of their most accomplished in my opinion....but it just has too much of a 'middle of the road' feel to it....and as a single, it takes forever to get to the point and the climax...

great song tho.

I would praise the heavens above if they showed some balls and released Love and Peace as a single.......just an awesome and unique song..

...also, I think Miracle Drug is the only remaining song that could have a good impact in the states....a worldwide release of that song is necessary....such a beautiful tune, and if they got a good video for it....it would wipe the floor with Coldplay..

my 2 pennies worth.

out.

Back
Top Bottom