All Because Of You sounds like salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
From Q magazine September 2004:

'Postcards From The Edge'

Dear Q,
It struck me the other day as we worked on a song called 'All because of you' that a great song is like a salad dressing. You needs just the right amount of sweet, sour and salt to get it right and when you do you only notice the balance of flavours, not the ingredients. Don Revie knew this, which is why his Leeds United squad in the mid 70s was so good with no star players. Ironically as a result they all became stars. I doubt if Don at much salad back then but if he had I'm sure he would have made a killer dressing. EDGE.

(The magazine prints the actual postcard from Dublin which is one of the 'Guinness' variety..)

Let the salad dressing analogies begin :)

bedouin fire said:
however the 0:54 clip that we have tastes like a big raw steak

That clip sounds actually like an ATYCLB outtake !!!!! :( I don?t believe, to be honest, this is a brand new song :ohmy:

Rachel D. said:
That's awesome! Too bad I'm allergic to lettuce...

I heard that songs 1, 3 and 4 have no lettuce in them so enjoy ! I am only aleric to bad songs like elevation, hopefully there will not be any of those or i will break out into hives. :lol:

U know what scares me?...give us 24 hours and we'll be arguing whether the "salad" sound is better than Pop or AYCLB

Pop is more of a dessert or perhaps fruit salad. Regular salad would go with Achtung Baby, the meatier choice of albums.

....and im now insane. Have a nice day. :wave:

madamadam said:
Regular salad would go with Achtung Baby, the meatier choice of albums.

Zooropan Dish of The Day: Achtung Baby at the U2 Restaurant

Reviewer: M. Macphisto

Achtung Baby is an experimental omlette, cooked in ultraviolet rays that gives it a almost perfect flavour and texture, and the flies added to the mixture by the four somewhat unhinged chefs who run the restaurant actually taste surprisingly good. However, the mysterious wheys used in this omlette may make you feel nauseous, and, though it may be considered blasphemous by some less discerning gourmets, this reviewer feels that the one portion of this unique creation can taste unpleasant and uninspiring. See it through to the end, though, and you will eventually get used to it and be rewarded with a few genuinely delicious final bites, which I would happily eat until the end of the world.

If you happen to drop into this very special establishment anytime soon, I do strongly reccomend their superb unforgettably firey vindaloo, with all the flavours of an indian summer (via Ireland of course), although it may not be to everyone's tastes.

(c) The Zooropa Times

EvolutionMonkey said:

I heard that songs 1, 3 and 4 have no lettuce in them so enjoy ! I am only aleric to bad songs like elevation, hopefully there will not be any of those or i will break out into hives. :lol:

Elevation is much better than Wild Honey. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom