All Because of You - Sounds Like ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
What U2 are we hearing from this wee little snippet ? What does it mean for what we think the album will sound like ?

To me it sounds like . . .

EBTTRT + Beautiful Day + Elvis Presley and America

How can you guys recognize the music? The quality is so poor I only understand the first few seconds.

Nevermind, I just cleaned up the song a bit using a program that helps fix sound in WAVs or MP3s. Sounds better.

It sounds a little better, but I can't fix all this noise. I am going to try to work at it tonight, I'll see what I can do.

Musically it sounds kind of like "Blow Your House Down" from the Axtung Beibi outtakes to me. Sort of a more finished version of that.

It's a lot like Your Blue Room + Electrical Storm + Beautiful Day which = Always - Rock + A Celebration + Wire.

ThatGuy said:
Musically it sounds kind of like "Blow Your House Down" from the Axtung Beibi outtakes to me. Sort of a more finished version of that.

yes.

it doesn't remotely sound like beutiful day.

see, this is the problem with people's interpretations:
if I hadn't heard this tune and read people describing it, I'd be like "holy shit...this must be the greatest tune ever".

Last edited:
She's gonna blow Your House down is a great direction if that is what it sounds like.

Oregoropa said:
The underlying guitar chords are reminiscent of what we heard on Beautiful Day. Driving and Deliberate. Thats where i make my reference.

ok, well, the tempo is similar to beutiful day, but the chords (that I can actually make out) are way closer to she's gonna blow your house down.
I am sure when we hear the released version of this tune it's gonna be WAY different; the vocal does not sound finished at all.

It sounds like BD + Always + Electrical Storm with singing style from the early albums but definatley a huge BD Atyclb sound. It's too early to tell if the final version is exactly like that singing and guitars but if it is I would not use that as a first single. It's definatley not an atomic bomb sound which is what i'm waiting for so just like The Price is Right " I would like to pass on showcase 1 and bid on showcase 2 Bob." :wink:

it sounds....

pretty old, I guess :yawn:. I remember, in the "old days" (including the Pop era) I used to get a little tremble or shiver when listening to a new U2 song. I was so excited that I couldn?t sit still.
I don?t really get that tremble anymore. Wasn?t it Bono who said that U2 would quit if they start repeating themselves?

Sorry for my lack of optimism - the rain is pouring down in Denmark....and in my mind, I guess...

It's a demo version, we might will hear something totally different in the album.
It reminds me of the first demos from the "pre-boy" era, like "the fool" but it's probably due to the rough sound.
It doesn't seem to me the most inspired song, but let's wait...

Who knows if this song is even meant for a release, I mean, not every song can be an undisputable masterpeice, but they can still thoroughly be enjoyed.

I'm liking the rough simplicity of what i can hear, and bono's voice sounds great at that register. It's alot like listening to boy, for me anyway!!!

I think it'll sound like a mature boy, and fresh sounding, and this was rumoured to be a mid-tempo song, and it sounds cool to me! I can't wait to hear them pull some of the heavier stuff off!

It sounds like the Who. Pure an simple. Could be a tribute band. When Bono sings..'I am' at the end of the verse..that is a 'Who' trademark. Comparisons will be unavoidable if the released tracj is anything like.

Tizer said:
It sounds like the Who. Pure an simple. Could be a tribute band. When Bono sings..'I am' at the end of the verse..that is a 'Who' trademark. Comparisons will be unavoidable if the released tracj is anything like.

(hi all, first post here) :wave:

yeah, I immediately thought of some sixties atmosphere. One-tone continuous banging on the drums and high-pitched guitar strumming in clear tone... I found it has a Beatles ring to it, but probably the Who's a closer guess.
And I pretty well can imagine Bono officially doing a U2 song for Joey Ramone, a "forefather in rock", and not just dedicating an existing song.

Frankly I don't love it, but the solo could be nice. And I kinda wonder if there are some spacey sounds beyond the knapsack? This structure reminds me of the progression of Dancing Barefoot, and who knows (Who nose?), with all the notes and not just the muffled sound and without the wind of the river Liffey as a guest star, it could turn out to be pretty cool.

Love the lyrics, though.

And the Aaaaaall because of you burst is unmistakable Bono, maybe reminiscent of his howling in In a Lifetime with Irish band Clannad in the 80's, and melodically with see the sky the burning rain in A sort of Homecoming...

Last edited:
I can't make heads or tails of it - I'll hold off judgement until I can actually hear the song the way it's intended to be listened to. I do think though, that it has lots of potential and the finished product will be teriffic.

I thought it sounded too hard and not melodic enogh. They're on the road to becoming a metal band, if you ask me. Just like they almost became a country-western band in the late 80s...

the vocals are sung in a very ATYCLB-like style. That's all i've been able to form a strong opinion about from that clip, and it's not an opinion I wanted to form :(

Back
Top Bottom