All because of you live is bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jdelbove

Acrobat
All because of you live is bad. I have yet to hear a decent preformance of the song. I think the reason I never liked it live is the fact that it sounds hollow and empty and Edge only can play one guitar part at once.

The guitar in that song is over dubbed and I just dont understand why they didnt have Bono play the backing rythm guitar to fill out the song and make it sound more like the studio version. It would just be logical to have tow guitars going in that song. Does anyone know why Bono did play on it live. It seems strange he plays in songs that dont realy need him somtimes and then when there is a song that demands a second guitarist he doesnt play

Jdelbove said:
It seems strange he plays in songs that dont realy need him somtimes and then when there is a song that demands a second guitarist he doesnt play

There are a few ppl on here who would say that you basically just answered your own question...

:wink:

i never understand why people hate this song. this time four years ago, people were demanding U2 ROCKED out. So they wrote all because of you which is one of the more rockier songs that they have in their canon. are the lyrics silly at times? sure. but i don't really see what's wrong with that. not everything has to be deep and serious.

if you don't like it, that's fine. i just find it to be really funny that everybody was up in arms about wanting U2 to ROCK again because All That You Can't Leave Behind was too soft, and then All Because of You comes out and everybody on here hates it. cracks me up every time.

It's one of my favorite songs off Bomb fwiw.

popacrobat said:
i never understand why people hate this song. this time four years ago, people were demanding U2 ROCKED out. So they wrote all because of you which is one of the more rockier songs that they have in their canon. are the lyrics silly at times? sure. but i don't really see what's wrong with that. not everything has to be deep and serious.

if you don't like it, that's fine. i just find it to be really funny that everybody was up in arms about wanting U2 to ROCK again because All That You Can't Leave Behind was too soft, and then All Because of You comes out and everybody on here hates it. cracks me up every time.

istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg

i like it better with just one guitar. i think the Conan version of the song was the best i've seen/heard. it's not their best, but it's still a cool song.

(when i first read the thread title i thought it said 'all i want is you' :yikes: )

popacrobat said:

:up: agreed! Only bad thing for me is that the first time I heard it, trough earphones on high volume.... yea, the intro HURT my eyes... but besides that, it's a great tune, and it absolutely rocks when you play it yourself on guitar! :rockon:

I hope they figure out a good way to play it live(perhaps with Bono on rhytmn guitar indeed) and bring it back!

Jdelbove said:
All because of you live is bad. I have yet to hear a decent preformance of the song. I think the reason I never liked it live is the fact that it sounds hollow and empty and Edge only can play one guitar part at once.

The guitar in that song is over dubbed and I just dont understand why they didnt have Bono play the backing rythm guitar to fill out the song and make it sound more like the studio version. It would just be logical to have tow guitars going in that song. Does anyone know why Bono did play on it live. It seems strange he plays in songs that dont realy need him somtimes and then when there is a song that demands a second guitarist he doesnt play

I totally agree with this, especially the part about how Bono doesn't play on songs that need him to. What about OOTS? All he had to do was play some simple piano chords and they wouldn't have needed Terry whatever his name was.

Yeah, and ABOY live was pretty snoozeworthy.

I totally agree. ABOY was supposed to be one of the more rocking songs on hut dab, but especially live it never lived up to its reputation. The alternate version of this song is a bit rough around the edges, but overall I prefer it over the album version because it's edgy and full of vitality. As for the live version, Bono should NOT be playing the tambourine. He SHOULD be playing guitar to fill out the sound. So yeah, I don't know what happened in their pre-tour rehearsals that made them decide otherwise.

Hmm. I think it makes a difference if you're there or not. I've never been a fan of Vertigo live on bootlegs, but it's a totally different experience being there :rockon:

It's not bad, it just doesn't add anything new to the song.

Bono's tambourine skizzalz when they played it on Conan O Brien cracked me up.

ABOY is definitely the worst song off from Bomb.. and live it's even worse - though I tend to like the album as a whole

It's a good second-tier U2 rock song. It probably didn't belong in the encore, but it could've worked earlier in the set when people are just plain excited to see U2 rock.

Yeah, it's a shame Bono didn't try guitar on that one. Seems un-rock to play along with a taped rhythm guitar (or to have a hidden genie play it).

And regarding OOTS - that's a pretty complicated song structure-wise. I don't think Bono could have kept up on piano.

kafrun said:
Hmm. I think it makes a difference if you're there or not. I've never been a fan of Vertigo live on bootlegs, but it's a totally different experience being there :rockon:

definitely

i really think this song has alot of potential to be amazing live, I think what it lacks is some rocking out on Bonos part

If Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me didn't warrant 2 guitars live, then no song should.

the tourist said:
If Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me didn't warrant 2 guitars live, then no song should.

lol good point it just seems crazy to me I think it is a pretty decent song actully it acomplishes what they were trying to do when they made it. It just doesnt make sense in needs 2 guitars live I dont understand why Bono didnt play on it it realy cant be replicated live with one guitar

Jdelbove said:

lol good point it just seems crazy to me I think it is a pretty decent song actully it acomplishes what they were trying to do when they made it. It just doesnt make sense in needs 2 guitars live I dont understand why Bono didnt play on it it realy cant be replicated live with one guitar

Because Bono isn't very good at guitar. :shrug:

All Because of You is probably the best song on HTDAAB -- it totally rocks, awesome vocal, inspiring lyrics, cool guitar, and the rhythm just swings. I think Edge said something like, "It's the only real rock 'n' roll song we've ever written." I wouldn't quite go that far, but it is amazing.

I have mixed feelings about this song. I like U2 rocking, no doubt, the War and AB are my 2nd and 3rd albums after the Joshua Tree. However, I do not know if this is exactly what I had in mind for a rocker- it has become kind of cliche and I do not know if that is because of the song itself or the, IMHO, excessive criticism of it in some quarters. I tend to like the album version, and unlike other songs which are almost always improved live, ABOY was hit or miss on the Vertigo tour. Sometimes it sounded lackluster, in Boston when I went, it rocked- Bono actually did the full scream and edge was at full throttle throughout. Sounded great after the somewhat dissapointing accoustic encore on 10/4/05. Still the best show I have ever seen-(crumbs, electric co, streets, 40 to close, crowd amazing, Bono's voice very good to excellent all night)

65980 said:
All Because of You is probably the best song on HTDAAB -- it totally rocks, awesome vocal, inspiring lyrics, cool guitar, and the rhythm just swings. I think Edge said something like, "It's the only real rock 'n' roll song we've ever written." I wouldn't quite go that far, but it is amazing.
No...just no

the tourist said:

Because Bono isn't very good at guitar. :shrug:

Maybe it's more that he doesn't like to rehearse. He's even said so, somewhere.. think it was the All Access special.
anyway
Bono can probably play very well, - just not well enough to do it in concert without some! rehearsal.:wink:

popacrobat said:

I agree with every single word here and I like ABOY as well :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom