All Because Of You

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoovation

War Child
Please your opinion about "All Because Of You"! (No Requests for mp3's or something else)

I think that All Because Of You is a very good song with Edge in top form! It's a rock song but very different to Vertigo! I like it!

Listening to this soung loud, you can tell its full of energy and is full on, coming right at you!

After hearing the leak of it i though it would be okay, but now i love it, the bridge part it the middle is m fav!

I might end up liking this song more than Vertigo, but when i heard vertigo i thought i'd like ABOY less...now i'm not soo sure.

Definatley a great song though and WOW, Edge's solo is GREAT!

I like this (so far) a lot better than COBL. Edge's guitar is great. I like this the best of the ones I've heard so far.

COBL has something to it akin to Walk On, a song that I just never could really get into since it's so U2 paint by numbers. I am afraid COBL suffers from the same problem.

Hola amigos :wave:

Well, after listening 20 times the "Reharsal" version ( with crowd chattering includes :angry: ) these are my feelings:

The more I listen it, the more I think this is a "Rattle & Hum" song syle. Is a great song, with Edge´s guitar leading the song. I really think this is a "Rattle & Hum" song, specially toward the end, when Bono sings in that way. Is a pretty simple song, it was the "B-side" sound, with just acoustic and electric guitars, drums and bass. No programing, keyboards, etc. The only thing I really, really don´t like is the second "AAAAAAAll" during the chorus, when Bono sing higher, that sounds terrible :rant: :down:

Probably will be an acoustic number during the new tour.
Please Bono DON´T RAP THIS SONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: ( listen when he gives some BBC references, I hate, I hate that, I don´t know why he likes to do that, he´s a singer, NOT A RAPPER )

My rating ?

8/10

:)

he always *raps* references to the shows hes performing:

"All set, on the BBC, Dublin Boys in Town, with the JCB, alright, uh huh.. pick it up.."

"Saturday Night Live, Saturday Night, Saturday Night, Yeah Yeah.."

I LOVE the last minute of this song, it totally "makes" this song. Another great song from an album that so far is 4 for 4 from what I've heard!

This song has rhythm and a belly-dancing type of vibe to it. Very sexy tune.

This song is definitely AB style. In fact, this must be the alter-ego of EBTTRT.

It is pure awesomeness and there is plenty of potential to improvise on this song live.

And no, Ponkine, there is no chance in hell that this is going to be an acoustic number. If you leave out the electric guitars, you really are missing out on the whole point of the song.

It's between "Last night on earth" and "Even better than the real thing". I love the guitar solo and the lyrics:

"I'm alive, I'm being born
I've just arrived, I'm at the door..."

It's like a baby boy who's about to be born and he asks her mother to get ready.

Peter said:
I don't know, but it reminds me of EBTTRT... Great song!

I feel the same. However, I would even go further and say that (based on the TOTP performance) Bono's vocals have a level of emotion and urgency that takes us back to War. He is singing on this song like he is about to conquer the world for the very first time.

one thing that i'm worried about, these songs really require Bono to belt out the vocals, on tour hes gonna end up burning out his voice really fast

oh god

am i the only person who doesnt really like this song??
ive only heard the leaked clip and then a not-so-great sound clip from TOTP but its just not biting me...
dunno what it is that i dont dig but i'm gonna wait till i hear a proper album version thats better quality till i pass final verdict - it might sound great and swing me but for now i have my reservations

ponkine said:

Probably will be an acoustic number during the new tour.

no way. not with that guitar solo and sweet drum beat. theres no way thisll be an acoustic song on the next tour

digsy said:
oh god

am i the only person who doesnt really like this song??
ive only heard the leaked clip and then a not-so-great sound clip from TOTP but its just not biting me...
dunno what it is that i dont dig but i'm gonna wait till i hear a proper album version thats better quality till i pass final verdict - it might sound great and swing me but for now i have my reservations

Nope, you're not the only one. I think ABOY and COBL are both average songs from what I've heard on the mp3s, not the masterpieces some are claiming they are. For some reason COBL sounds cheezy and ABOY just isn't hooking me yet, and I've listened to both probably a dozen times. I'm sure they'll eventually grow.

I am, however, going to wait until the album comes out to really make up my mind. Maybe they'll sound great as opposed to crappy quality mp3s.

bonozevolik said:

"I'm alive, I'm being born
I've just arrived, I'm at the door..."

My favorite lines to the song, incredible!!! Right after the Edge's solo too, perfect, wicked solo. Great song with some great attitude. I give it an A, :up:

Excellent rock song, much better than Vertigo for me. Love the bridge and the solo, and unlike some, I love Bono's shriek in the middle(tribute to the Who, perhaps?). Great lyrics, very personal.
9/10

Great back beat, great vocal harmonies in the chorus,a very cool bridge, great chord patterns in the verses, great Edge lead in the verses, awesome Edge solo, awesome melody. Needless to say, I like it a lot about twice as much as I like Vertigo, and I think Vertigo is a good song.

U2 aren't going to re-invent the wheel on this album. It's just rock and roll baby.

I would describe ABOY as "Even Better Than Desire" (a cross between EBTTRT and Desire :p) At first the song didn't really grab me, but after listening to it more I've found it very catchy, and the Edge's guitar is :drool: I also really like the lyrics - kinda reminds me a bit of Summer Rain and Always for some reason.

The best part of the song has got to be Bono's wail, followed by Edge's solo, which continues into "I'M ALIVE, I'M BEING BORN!" Brilliant.

I think it's a hybrid of a massively souped up "When Love Comes To Town" with a heavy dose of "Even Better Than The Real Thing" and "Rocks" by Primal Scream.

I really like it. I agree though that Bono's second "Aaaaall" sounds pretty poor...

Earnie Shavers said:
I think it's a hybrid of a massively souped up "When Love Comes To Town" with a heavy dose of "Even Better Than The Real Thing" and "Rocks" by Primal Scream.

I really like it. I agree though that Bono's second "Aaaaall" sounds pretty poor...

have you heard the studio clip? i think it sounds a lot cleaner in that version, you can appreciate it more

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom