All because of you....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
really makes me chuckle when i read some of the negative comments on here directed at this song, i mean people have moaned that the latest album isnt "the punk rock album we were promised", yet, you do relise that if U2 did release a full out "rock" album, then it would pretty much sound like this, as it is a full out U2 rock song

and before anyone asks i like it yes and although i may have preferd a different single here in the UK, i am quite happy with this one

p.s. the radio version has a different sound to it, and sounds even better than the album version

Last edited:
All because of You is one of the least best songs on the Bomb, but your are right it sounds good and rocks.

I like the U2 rock of LAPOE, and I admit, the rock of Vertigo. And many 80's and 90's songs too.

the rock of ABOY is Kelly Clarkson's or Ashley Simpson's rock like someone said here a few days ago. The lyrics are lame and only the solo and the last verse have some interest. Of course, in my opinion.

Does it sound like the alternative ABOY? I like the alternate much better than the version on the album.

MacPhistoPT said:
I like the U2 rock of LAPOE, and I admit, the rock of Vertigo. And many 80's and 90's songs too.

the rock of ABOY is Kelly Clarkson's or Ashley Simpson's rock like someone said here a few days ago. The lyrics are lame and only the solo and the last verse have some interest. Of course, in my opinion.

I think LAPOE and vertigo are better, but ABOY still deserves some credit it isn't that good, its a fun little rock song.

ardvark yep all because of you is comfirmed as the next UK single,

and rose it sounds like a mix between the alternative and album version, with the tamporine clearly hearable lol, sounds good

think it will do well here in the UK at least, and MacPhisto i really have no idea what ashley simpson songs you have heard that sound like all because of you :|

Irishteen said:

I think LAPOE and vertigo are better, but ABOY still deserves some credit it isn't that good, its a fun little rock song.
fun like elevation, which again done pretty well here in the UK

:angry:

What happened to OOTS and the highly anticipated string arrangement???

:angry: :angry:
:angry: :angry:

I like the song lots but it doesn't seem to continually grow on you like most other songs on the album. I like it about as much now as I did when I first heard it which is lots but in comparison I like many of the other new songs much more now than when I first heard them, including Vertigo.

i really dont like this song on the album at all...except the brooklyn bridge live version...which is pretty good

Its an improvement over the album version, the guitar sounds a bit more "metallic" and crisper, but I still think the alt.mix is the best incarnation of ABOY.

ramblin rose said:
Does it sound like the alternative ABOY? I like the alternate much better than the version on the album.

oh man so do i, thats the one alternate version i reallllly wish they had left on the album

Headache in a Suitcase said:
pre-album: "we better get a rocking album!!! :shakesangryfist:"

post-album: "the only rocking song on the album sucks!!! :shakesangryfist:"

can't win

:up: People suck.

Zooropean103 said:
Single mix:

http://s49.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=3C9P103XY6Y5C1J0QDICSGP6XT

WOW. It's really different from the album version.
The guitars are really different, especially the solo. Double track vocal seem to now be one track, with lots of reverb. It might be a new vocal recording.

And the album version is better.

I can´t listen to it right now so someone please tell me, does this new version really rocks harder? Does it starts like in the album? Are the drums the same? :hyper:

Drums are the same. Edge plays open chords over the verse, instead of the quick & muted power chords on the album version. The solo is longer, and has a very different ending that the album version.

Longer solo? Hmmm, I like that! I thought he was going to shorten it like he´s been doing live. Can´t wait top listen to this! I love when they do new versions! :combusts:

Thanks MrBrau1! :up:

Back
Top Bottom