All because of you....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was the story about OOTS as a new single and the added strings etc. one big hoax then ????? :scratch: :huh:

It is better IMO, the guitars sound better, and the solo is much better, IMO ups the song from a 4 star to 4.5 star, meaning it ranks with Vertigo and LAPOE as best new rock song IMO

U2Man said:
Was the story about OOTS as a new single and the added strings etc. one big hoax then ????? :scratch: :huh:
i dunno maybe they just reharsed with the strings for the milan concert? maybe oots will be the last single from bomb, thus also becoming an advertisement for the upcoming DVD?

From U2.com

It's Official!

All Because Of You will be the fourth single release from How To Dismantle
An Atomic Bomb.

The new single, released in the UK on October 10th, will be issued on 2 CDs and DVD.

B-sides include a new version of Miss Sarajevo, recorded live at Milan's San Siro stadium in the summer, as well as an acoustic version of the album track A Man And A Woman.

The DVD features the video for All Because Of You which was shot by Phil Joanou last winter on the back of a truck on Brooklyn Bridge - with a cast of thousands including New York cops, sirens and lots of barely believing fans. Also featured is the video for the last single City of Blinding Lights, shot live in Vancouver on the opening leg of the tour.

More news as we get it.

MrBrau1 said:

:up: People suck.

Before saying things like that think a little bit if you're able, and realize that ABOY it's NOT the only rock song in HTDAAB. :banghead:

well, but I don't fit there because I never asked for a 100% rock album and I'll never do it. U2 never made an album like that and I guess they'll never do it.

ooo accoustic a man and a woman, maybe we will see this on the 3rd leg? and live miss sarajevo :drool: decent b sides

ramblin rose said:
From U2.com

It's Official!

All Because Of You will be the fourth single release from How To Dismantle
An Atomic Bomb.

The new single, released in the UK on October 10th, will be issued on 2 CDs and DVD.

B-sides include a new version of Miss Sarajevo, recorded live at Milan's San Siro stadium in the summer, as well as an acoustic version of the album track A Man And A Woman.

The DVD features the video for All Because Of You which was shot by Phil Joanou last winter on the back of a truck on Brooklyn Bridge - with a cast of thousands including New York cops, sirens and lots of barely believing fans. Also featured is the video for the last single City of Blinding Lights, shot live in Vancouver on the opening leg of the tour.

More news as we get it.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Alright, this helped a lot!!!

Acoustic A Man And a Woman.....??? :drool:

Miss Sarajevo from Milan???? :drool:

New York video????? :drool:

(still hoping for OOTS though, but this sounds really good, too :wink:)

it is very very interesting that they are now unleashing an accoustic version of an album song on us, for no apparant reason, i dont want to get people hopes up but as i said imo this COULD mean a man and a woman brought in for yahweh maybe?

KUEFC09U2 said:
it is very very interesting that they are now unleashing an accoustic version of an album song on us, for no apparant reason, i dont want to get people hopes up but as i said imo this COULD mean a man and a woman brought in for yahweh maybe?

It would be cool to make an appearence but... don't get me wrong, I really like that song but I think it could be kind of boring if they played it live, in an acoustic way. Yahweh still has the chorus and the OH - OHooooOH - OHoooooOH part that is great for the crowd, at least it was in my show... let's see

MacPhistoPT said:

It would be cool to make an appearence but... don't get me wrong, I really like that song but I think it could be kind of boring if they played it live, in an acoustic way. Yahweh still has the chorus and the OH - OHooooOH - OHoooooOH part that is great for the crowd, at least it was in my show... let's see

How can you know it's boring, when you haven't even heard neither the acoustic studio version nor the "possible" live version yet??? :scratch:

Btw. when do you guys think that the acoustic version of AMAAW will show up on the internet?

Last edited:
It would be cool to make an appearence but... don't get me wrong, I really like that song but I think it COULD be kind of boring if they played it live, in an acoustic way. Yahweh still has the chorus and the OH - OHooooOH - OHoooooOH part that is great for the crowd, at least it was in my show... let's see

edit: I only said that because I think that AMAAW lacks on something to make the crowd sing together, in one voice...

like what I stated in yahweh...
like the ending of stay
like the chorus of desire and staring at the sun...
... all songs played live in an acoustic way.

Last edited:
Yes, but then I may ask: What do you base this on???

Edit: Ok, saw you edited your post, and now edited mine :wink:

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
Isn't the album version of AMAAW already acoustic?

It has acoutic guitar on it. It also has electric guitar, electric bass guitars, drums, and keys.

I think the version we'll be getting will be Bono singing, Edge singing back-up, and 1 or 2 acoutic guitars. And that'll be pretty darn sweet.

A man and a woman even more acoustic? :confused:

I wonder if the studio band/string/producer time meant secret new material work...I mean, if they were re-recording Original, why isn't it the new single?

Do people really think that a song with acoustic guitar on it means it's acoustic?

SBS has an acoustic guitar on it. So does One. So does Sometimes.

People really think that makes these acoustic songs?

Think of the album version of Stuck In A Moment. Now think of the "Acoustic" version.

That's what AMAAW will sound like.

MrBrau1 said:
Do people really think that a song with acoustic guitar on it means it's acoustic?

SBS has an acoustic guitar on it. So does One. So does Sometimes.

People really think that makes these acoustic songs?

Think of the album version of Stuck In A Moment. Now think of the "Acoustic" version.

That's what AMAAW will sound like.

:scratch: What kind of acoustic guitar does SBS have...? :hmm:

Man, I love this song. One of my top 4 songs from the album probably. I really don't understand the hate!!

And I REALLY want to hear the radio edit.

Hooraaaaaaaaaaay my fave song (apart from Vertigo) being released, all is good, that'll kick a few arses in the boring charts we have at the moment. It's all about the Bono scream, dudes!

Wow! ABOY as the next single... ABOY was my first favourite song in HTDAAB by the time the album came out, as still is one of my faves.
The new mix is very good, but I still prefer the album version (I don't like the alternate one).
And finnaly, we get a single with good b-sides - no crappy remixes or live versions of songs taped 13 years ago. However, in spite of AMAAW (acoustic), how about an acoustic version of Yahweh like the live version? It'd be more reasonable... and Yahweh live is one of the most beautiful things I've seen. Or are they keeping that song as the next single?

Good choice...!:wink:

Well after downloading this single mix I'd rate the 3 versions as:

Alternate Version
Single Mix
Album Version

"All Because of You" kicks ass. People here just complain too much.

I finally heard this new version and I like it. I like how Edge's guitar is more prominent and strong during the verses and I think that is indeed a new vocal track from Bono. I liked the extension of the solo but it doesn't really add anything to it. I like how the intro was shortened and done closer to how it’s done live but it's a bit rushed. Good version, still I think I prefer the album version. :up:

Back
Top Bottom