All Beacause of You LIVE!!!! HOW???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
Was there an accoustic guitar in the background or was the high pitch thinging played in the background????

What did edge play? Was bono on guitar?

This is hard to describe but hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about!

i think bono was playing an acoustic guitar, kinda like he does with gone.. thats what it sounds like from the recording anyways

A while ago there was an interview with Dallas Schoo. In it, he mentioned that Bono's guitar playing has dramatically improved and the result is that it has freed Edge to explore many new and creative things with his guitar.

When I first heard All Because of You, I had a gut feeling the rhythm guitar was being performed by Bono, while the siren guitar was all Edge. Adam mentioned in another interview that the song was literally jammed out in one or two takes. That means Edge didn't have the time or chance to write the rhythm guitar section while Bono took the time to learn it. It means the rhythm guitar was not only performed but actually written by Bono himself. The TOTP mini-concert pretty much confirmed this! How cool is that!? It shows that U2 have indeed even gotten better as musicians even this far into their legacy.

All Because of You is a song that would not have been possible without Bono's (and I'd argue the rest of the band too; their performances are fantastic) dedication to improving himself as an artist and a musician.

Whether this album is their best ever or not artistically, I think it may be their most technically and musically accomplished work so far if this kind of song writing and performing keeps up on the rest of the album!

I recall a lot of people saying that ABOY was very atyclbish when they heard the really old clip.

I dare someone to say that again.:wink: This music is incredible!

i think there is an acoustic guitar too. and the start sounds a bit like 'in god's country'.

but acording the fan video that is around Bono isn't playing guitar in this song. maybe it was a playback too.

bono is playing his "the goal is soul" semi-acoustic guitar only in city of blinding lights.

yeah ive got the fan video, bono IS NOT playing guitar on this track, if there is any acoustic guitar on this track it is definetly a play back

bbc2.jpg

It is A LOT better now that I hear the real thing!!! Hope everyone has heard the great recordings posted now!

I would NOT like to see this a single though! It would be a MISTAKE in my humble opinion.

I don't give a shit if it's a single or not, it's better than Vertigo though. My friends who love good rock music and aren't die-hard U2 fans would love this, they LIKE Vertigo but would LOVE this.

how can they play this song live unless there is an acoucstic anda live electric lead?

I think Bono will play the rhythm. It's only 3 or 4 major chords
Quick prediction, the tour starts, Vertigo, ABOY. Bono plays the guit on ABOY.

quadcaster said:
yeah ive got the fan video, bono IS NOT playing guitar on this track, if there is any acoustic guitar on this track it is definetly a play back

maybe its larry's symbols or something which are making that chiming sound which sounds like an acoustic guitar? i dont know.. it HAS to be live though because they switched around the order of the song in the two different versions

I actually though it might have been Larry playing the high-hat or leaning on the ride!

Hmm, even if its a playback, thats fine by me, i love when Bono hops around on stage!

I believe both of these live version (ABOY and COBL) relied a lot on play-back and sequencing, more than usual, probably because they haven't fully rehearsed the songs yet.

There is definately acoustic guitar in ABOY, and of course Edge can't be playing both, so if Bono was not playing, it was definately pre-recorded. But I wouldn't be surprised if Bono ends up playing that part eventually.

The fact that they changed the order of the songs makes no difference, with play-back and sequencing, you can control pre-recorded instruments almost like you were playing them live, and Edge would be able to do it all with his foot-pedals.

Btw, U2 does rely quite a bit on sequencing and play-back when they play live, there are often many layers of sound that are clearly not coming from any of the instruments on stage. And there is nothing wrong with that, they are a four piece band, and if they want to have a full sound without adding a musician (which many other artists do), they need to rely on technology to a certain extent.

Back
Top Bottom