"All Along the Watchtower" played tonight in Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U

ultraviolet_j

I don't know if this was a throwback to 1987, but they played a full band version of "All Along the Watchtower" tonight with a fan from the audience playing Edge's acoustic guitar. The show itself was incredible, but security was kind of tight. They patted everyone down to make sure no contraband was brought it. Setlist as follows:

Elevation
Beautiful Day
Until the End
NYD
Out of Control
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Stuck
Kite
Wild Honey
All Along the Watchtower(acoustic at first, then the whole band electric)
Please(B&E acoustic)
All I Want is You
Streets
I Still Haven't....
Pride
BTBS
What's Goin' On
New York
One
Walk On

I may have forgotten one or two songs---it's late and I am really tired, so any other fans fill in where necessary. Great show and I had a great time. KC and St. Louis are my next shows so I am really excited for those as well. Oh yeah...didn't see any other Interferencers wearing tags.

looks great so far, really, wild honey, please, all along the watchtower, and outta of control, real cool.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Has anyone else noticed that now back in America, U2 are playing hardly any songs from Pop whereas in Europe they were playing a fair few? (Discotheque, Staring at the Sun, Gone, Wake Up Dead Man)...

I know they played these on the first leg, but... where they go?!

------------------
Looking for explanations? Well I don't even understand

heres to fucking up the mainstream
rolleyes.gif

They played Gone at my Vancouver show, and even though I don't care for Pop as an album I like that song, and I enjoyed it--the lighting was way cool...

------------------
So wind blow through to my heart
So wind blow through my soul

Cool, they played AIWIY. Damn, I'd rather hear Pop stuff than the acoustic things they've been doing. But they get fans up there for that, so it's all good. Shh... I'm aware I don't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom