"Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk", do you like it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Well?

• I like it

Votes: 39 90.7%
  • I hate it

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • never heard it/too freaked out by the title

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I downloaded this Fly b-side last night. It wasn't what I was expecting at all but I like it. The chanting is cool. It's a pretty different song for the band. A+ on tasteful experimentation.

Your feelings?

The song was originally written for a London theatre production of "A Clockwork Orange." It's pretty cool...a lot better than most of the instrumentals on the Passengers album.

it's ok, nothing exciting, love that movie though, and the title should be, Alex Descends into Hell for a Bottle of Milk Corova (because that's what the gang drank, milk laced with drugs to sharpen them up for a bit of the "ultraviolence")

off subject, Newsradio is a great show

I pulled this quote off of someone's webpage, remember it?

Dave: "Alright, I take the complaint box very seriously and I seem to be the only one who does."
Bill: "A complaint about the complaint box... delicious."
Dave: "Bill, I'm serious. I am not amused, alright. I happen to be the one who has to deal with all these complaints no matter how stupid they are."
Beth: "Well Dave, how stupid could they be?"
Dave: "Well, let's have a look here... You Suck... You Suck... Howard Stern Rules... If you can read this you are a dork... Coupon for one free kiss from Joe if you are a girl... Need more complaint cards... Coupon for one free kiss from Joe if you are a GUY... You will go on a journey happy long time [fortune cookie]... Matthew is a moron... no I'm not... yes you are... no I'm not infinity... yes you are infinity plus one... and this one... I have doobie in my funk (which I assume is from some reference to the Parliament Funkadelic's song Chocolate City... You got peanut butter in my chocolate... you got chocolate in my peanut butter... together they taste like crap... Matthew has been staring at me all day - - - and I love it... and this one says, "I try to be good hard worker man... but refidgamator so messy - so so messy..."
Lisa: "I think that ones probably from the um... janitor."
Dave: "Ohhh, oh then that one's legitemate.... uhhh, who's the black private dick the sex machine with all the chicks?..
Staff: "SHAFT!!"
Bill: "I thought we'd all enjoy that one."
Dave: "and... Help, I'm being held prisoner in in a complaint box."

LOOOOVE this tune - when I first discovered it, I played it incessantly for about 3 months....sure wish they'd had a chance to expand more on the background music for the play before they got nipped in the bud, and ADIH was all that came out of it.....

i always thought that ADIH would fit on the Passengers CD as well....much as I love Bonos' voice, I would love for them to do a few more purely instrumental songs. :heart:

can't say I hate it,
but to say I like it would be too positive

I agree with Wanderer,
nothing special

Back
Top Bottom