Albums

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
What do you think is most unerrated and overrated album in u2 catalogue?

underrated-Zooropa
overrated-The Unforgettable Fire

Don't think that i don't like UF but i think it's overrated the most.

underrated - Pop
overrated - All That You Can't Leave Behind

Under-rated: The Unforgettable Fire (it can't be over-rated in my opinion)
Over-rated: Achtung Baby

Underated: Unforgettable Fire
Overrated: All that you can't leave behind

Pop is underated by some people, but on the whole I think UF has some incredibly special and beautiful moments that are overlooked at times.. I also wanted to post something UF realated written by Chris Martin last year:

U2

By Chris Martin

I don't buy weekend tickets to Ireland and hang out in front of their gates, but U2 are the only band whose entire catalog I know by heart. The first song on The Unforgettable Fire, "A Sort of Homecoming," I know backward and forward -- it's so rousing, brilliant and beautiful. It's one of the first songs I played to my unborn baby.
The first U2 album I ever heard was Achtung Baby. It was 1991, and I was fourteen years old. Before that, I didn't even know what albums were. From that point, I worked backward -- every six months, I'd get to buy a new U2 album. The sound they pioneered -- the driving bass and drums underneath and those ethereal, effects-laden guitar tracks floating out from above -- was nothing that had been heard before. They may be the only good anthemic rock band ever. Certainly they're the best.

What I love most about U2 is that the band is more important than any of their songs or albums. I love that they're best mates and have an integral role in one another's lives as friends. I love the way that they're not interchangeable -- if Larry Mullen Jr. wants to go scuba diving for a week, the rest of the band can't do a thing. U2 -- like Coldplay -- maintain that all songs that appear on their albums are credited to the band. And they are the only band that's been around for twenty years with no member changes and no big splits.

It's amazing that the biggest band in the world has so much integrity and passion in their music. Our society is thoroughly screwed, fame is a ridiculous waste of time, and celebrity culture is disgusting. There are only a few people around brave enough to talk out against it, who use their fame in a good way. And every time I try, I feel like an idiot, because I see Bono actually getting things achieved. While everyone else is swearing at George Bush, Bono is the one who rubs Bush's back and gets a billion dollars for Africa. People can be so cynical -- they don't like do-gooders -- but Bono's attitude is, "I don't care what anybody thinks, I'm going to speak out." He's accomplished so much with Greenpeace, in Sarajevo, at the concert to shut down the Sellafield nuclear plant, and he still runs the gantlet. When the time came for Coldplay to think about fair trade, we took his lead to speak out regardless of what anyone may think. That's what we've learned from U2: You have to be brave enough to be yourself.

:p :madspit: :madspit:

Underrated - October/Zooropa
Overrated - How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb / War / All That You Can't Leave Behind

on this site

overrated - POP
underrated - ALL THAT YOU CAN'T LEAVE BEHIND

in general

overrated - i can't think of a U2 record that IMO has got got more acclaim than it deserved
underrated - ZOOROPA, OCTOBER

Last edited:
Nice Chris Martin quote. :up:

Now...this is with reference to this site.

Underrated: The Unforgettable Fire
Overrated: Pop

overrated: All that you can't leave behind (and in this forum POP)

underrated: october, rattle and hum and htdaab

IN GENERAL
Underrated - Boy, October, Rattle & Hum, Pop

Rattle & Hum esp. is called uneven and clumsy and all sorts of things. Personally I love R&H, can't get enough of it. It has it's own personality, it's not really identical to JT like some people say.

Overrated - All That You Can't Leave Behind. Good but NOT the third masterpiece.

IN THIS FORUM
Underrated - October
Overrated - Pop

underrated-The Unforgettable Fire (The only truely experimental U2 album) & Pop
overrated-Zooropa

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom