Album You Would Have Least Suspected U2 To Have Made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's not saying that it is a bad album either...just one you might not expected U2 to have made.

No answers like, "Oh, there's nothing I wouldn't expect from U2!" Even if you feel that way, just pick one close enough to qualify, in your opinion.

I pick Zooropa.

------------------
"You whacked Dieter's giraffe!"

Probably would have to go with Zooropa. But it's one of my favs.
smile.gif

the concept of rattle 'n hum seems out of context for the time period to me.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

I least expected Pop and the public relations campaign that followed, but I did enjoy alot of the lyrics, if not the music behind the album.

The Unforgettable Fire was a welcomed departure from those that would have wanted to see the continuation of the bombastic guitar sounds of War...both albums which I love, but at the time, UF caught many off guard from U2's previous 3 albums. We know that Eno and Lanois where the obvious choice by the band to go this route, and continue the beauty of U2, which is that U2 are constantly reinventing themselves from what others what have them to be as a band.

Chris

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take people's minds through it." --Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

Passengers

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Unforgettable Fire considering what U2 were before that. I don't think people expected Rattle and Hum movie and album, right after The Joshua Tree.

Zooroopa was really a rapid departure from anything U2 have done and still remains one of their most experimental albums ever.

Basically I added nothing to this thread, but I only had 5 hours of sleep last night.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Probably Pop and ATYCLB

I couldnt stand both Discoteck (I can never spell that damn word!!) and staring at the sun when they first came out, well to be truthfull I still cant stand either of them- staring has warmed on me a bit, but I just find it a bit too 'adult alternative, easy listening'- which I just dont like......

Now I ended up really loving Pop, except for a few songs on it, but it took me until 1999 for this to happen........But I still havnt warmed to ATYCLB, I thik U2 just went in and made a 'safe' album after what had happened with Pop, and I kinda like them when they take risks more so, and given what they had been doing I thought that this was going to happen, but it wasnt to be, I still dont even own a copy of ATYCLB- thats how much it has affected me- I just dont dig it- I think that New York was about the most risky song on the album, but anyway- just my opinion
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom