Album tracks that should have been B-Sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How the fuc# anyone can say that Miami should have been left off Pop is beyond me. Idiots!

LNOE, Gone and Miami has a magnificent flow to it! Open your EARS!:wink:

rjhbonovox said:
How the fuc# anyone can say that Miami should have been left off Pop is beyond me. Idiots!

Actually, I agree, I loves me some Miami :drool:

I actually can't believe no one has mentioned Grace. My least favorite album track ever. Add Flower Child or Levitate or Summer Rain to ATYCLB and end it with Walk On, Kite, WILATW or GBHF.

Boy- shadows and tall trees

October- fire

War- drowning man

UF- 4th of July

JT- Exit

Rattle and Hum- When love comes to town

Achtung Baby- Ultraviolet (light my way)

Zooropa- babyface

pop- staring at the sun

ATYCLB- Wild honey

HTDAAB- Man and a woman

Boy - Stories Of Boys
October - Stranger in a Strange Land, Scarlet, Is That All
War - Like A Song, Red Light
Unforgettable Fire - 4th Of July, Indian Summer Sky
Joshua Tree - Trip Trow Your Wires
Rattle & Hum - Love Rescue Me, ISHFWILF
Achtung Baby - So Cruel
Zooropa - Daddy´s Gonna pay For Your Crashed Car
Pop - Playboy Mansion
ATYCLB - Wild Honey, Peace On Earth, Grace
HTDAAB - All Because Of You, A Man And A Woman, One Step Closer

Axver said:
OK, I'm really bored, so I'll go through this album-by-album. In brackets are songs I would consider as replacements.

ATYCLB: In A Little While, Wild Honey (Summer Rain, Levitate)

No way! In a Little While is such a touching song! It could never just be a B-side. :ohmy:

typhoon said:

Kinky.

Someone rename this thread "Album tracks that you don't like."

Actually I agree with WinnieThePoo there, and I don't dislike AMAAW as a song. However, I feel very strongly that AMAAW is wrong *for the album*; would be a good b-side though or a track for a movie or something.

If U2 wanted them to be bsides they would have been. The end, you can debate what you think should have been a bside but U2s personal opinion will always win out since they are the ones making the music :)

Boy - Shadows and tall trees

October - I threw a brick through a window

War - Refugee

Unforgetable Fire - 4th of July, Indian summer sky,Promenade

Joshua Tree - Nothing at all, the entire album is a sonic masterpiece.

Rattle and Hum - Helter Skelter

Achtung Baby - Love is blindness

Zooropa - Babyface

Pop - Playboy Mansion

ATYCLB - When I look at the world

HTDAAB - All because of you, OOTS, One step Closer ( OSC never goes anywhere its stuck where it starts and ends the same way. almost like the song itself is stuck in a moment that it cant get out of)

WalkOn21 said:

I didn't say Miami is a bad song. It just doesn't fit on Pop.
Pop is an album with, with, well eh... colorful songs on it. Miami is too harsh, compared to the other songs.

Miami doesn't fit?????? Miami is Pop. Its the essential part of Pop. Its the song that gells the album together. Its a great song! Next you will be telling me that Mofo should be a b-side as well!:wink:

UltraVioletMofo said:

Unforgetable Fire - 4th of July, Indian summer sky,Promenade

Wow, everyone seems to be taking exception to LIB (and I agree with them), but these songs?? Especially Promenade?? :ohmy:

Guess it goes to show that people really do have varying opinions.

And if they're not the same as mine, they're wrong. :wink:

I think it's interesting how we all seem to know every detail about every version of U2's songs, released & unreleased. Their music really is THE best though - hands down. One of the polls
(Axver?) should include a question (maybe one was included?) about how much time we spend listening to U2. It is addictive, but I love it!!!

Some B-sides: Love is Blindness, Wild Honey, Fast Cars(should've been included)!

VintagePunk said:

Wow, everyone seems to be taking exception to LIB (and I agree with them), but these songs?? Especially Promenade?? :ohmy:

Guess it goes to show that people really do have varying opinions.

And if they're not the same as mine, they're wrong. :wink:

its not I dont like these songs I just think they would have been great B sides.

Ok I lie I really dont like Promenade. :wink:

Love is blindness is an awesome song. I like it a lot and it has a steady spot in the playlist, but again it would have (to me ) been a much better hidden gem on a B side.

Boy - The Ocean (11 Ocklock Tick Tock)
October - Scarlet (Things To Make And Do, and end the album on "October")
War - Nothing, but add "A Celebration"
TUF - 4th Of July (Bass Trap), EPAA (The Three Sunrises), MLK (Love Comes Tumbling)
The Joshua Tree - Exit (Spanish Eyes)
Rattle And Hum - Get rid of ALL the live songs, ALL the cover songs, Freedom for my people, Star Spangled Banner etc, and add Walk To The Water, Luminous Times, and Hallelujha Here She Comes
Achtung Baby - Leave as it is
Zooropa - Numb (Where Did It All Go Wrong), DGPFYCC (HMTMKMKM), The Wanderer (Miss Sarajevo)
Pop - Miami (Levitate), Playboy Mansion (Love You Like Mad)
80-90 - When Love Comes To Town (Gloria), Bad (A Celebration), and also add OTH, THBAO, IGC, and 11 Ocklock Tick Tock
ATYCLB - New York (Summer Rain), Grace (Always)
90-00 - BD (WGRYWH), SIAMYCGOO (IGWSHA), Numb (Lemon), TFT (LNOE), and also add Please and The Fly, and get rid of those new mixes of SATS, Discotheque, and Gone, and replace with originals!
HTDAAB - One Step Closer (Mercy)

Last edited:
LUMINOUS TIMES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE JOSHUA TREE or rattle and hum...

Miracle Drug, SYCMIOYO, AMAAW, CFYT, OOTS, SIAMYCGOO, Wild Honey, Peace On Earth, When I Look At The World, New York...etc

Back
Top Bottom