Album release dates being moved up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salim117

The Fly
I bring this news in peace!:)

Both Eminem and Destiny's Child have moved up the released date of their albums by a week due to the songs being leaked into the net. That's two of the 3 big albums (HTDAAB) coming out this end of year so I'm thinking or hoping that U2 will probably move up their release date as well !

considering its now ONLY 14 days away I dont think they will or should move the date up, it would be quite pointless. Especially with the Nov 16 NME streaming.

Nope, U2 won't be moving their release dates. By leaving it, they increase their chances of going #1.

Axver said:
Nope, U2 won't be moving their release dates. By leaving it, they increase their chances of going #1.

Exactly.

The best thing that happened to U2's chances are Eminem and DC's albums leaking early.

I still think that they may release the album or a partial number of songs onto itms prior to November 23 - Eminem released at least 1 track onto itms after the ablum was leaked (albeit a political song). Considering that interscope is both eminem and u2's label and the partnership with apple I see this as an alternative for releasing hard copies of the album early. This way the people who want to download the album can do so (legally) and those who don't have a clue about downloading can wait for the release date - this way u2 gets a head start on sales while still having the ground clear for the hard copy release date.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Interesting news, but I wonder if U2 will follow this strategy too? U2 have a lot of older fans who will definitely buy the album whether it's leaked or not.
If someone is going to download it and not buy it, it doesn't matter if it is leaked early. If someone is going to buy it, they may download it first, but they will still buy it. I don't know how a record company can justify saying that they lose millions of dollars with a leak... because it makes little difference. The only difference it could make is if it was an awful record, and people found this out before buying it, so they then did not buy it. And that really would be the artists own fault.

M&M is set for Nov.12th (Friday). Universal's site in Canada is posting this on their homepage. umusic.ca

I think they might move up U2 now. :yes:

Roland of Gilead said:
I think they might move up U2 now. :yes:

Let's hope not. That will destroy the certain #1 that they currently have.

We can make it #1 if we all get 3 or 4 copies each.

I know this site is up for it!

Roland of Gilead said:
It'll be the label's call right? This is really out of U2's hands now?

I'm sure they'll be consulted.

And I've seen news saying its out on the 16th already....

U2's fanbase is maybe a bit different in terms of average age which might mean they won't lose as many sales as someone like Eminem or Destiny's Child. Some might also consider the U2 album more worth buying in the long-run. Once you've had a listen to Eminem's lyrics, I don't tend to really go back to his older albums.

Maybe they'll release it on iTunes?

Back
Top Bottom