**Album Release Date**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well bono says they hopefully will be starting the tour in the fall, which further supports my guess that the album will be released in the fall as well

and everybody scoffed when some of us mentioned that it appeared the album truly wouldnt be released in the spring like most believed.

Chizip said:
well bono says they hopefully will be starting the tour in the fall, which further supports my guess that the album will be released in the fall as well

and everybody scoffed when some of us mentioned that it appeared the album truly wouldnt be released in the spring like most believed.

Well....the article says that the album is finished, according to Bono. So, if it's finished, it could be released in March/April, and the tour beginning in August/September. That'd be my guess. Remember the "lag period" after ATYCLB and Elevation? They're probably shooting for that again. Maybe they could start the tour in Europe in the summer, seeing as they could sell out stadiums there easier, and then America would have the entire summer to sell out the stadium shows for the fall.

it seems to me there has to be a few months before the tour starts (i think it has been well established no one wants to repeat the whole pop/popmart thing in terms of not being prepared)

My guesstimations

Sep 2nd - Release

Oct 15 - First official show of the new tour

Chizip said:
My guesstimations

Sep 2nd - Release

Oct 15 - First official show of the new tour

sep 2? so will this be 2 cd set?

who the hell is going to wait 8 months for 12 or 13 songs?
not me!

if the album is not out in march or before:mad: :mad: :mad: .

u2 open your mouth and tell us when dam you!

don't panic

The_acrobat said:

Well....the article says that the album is finished, according to Bono. So, if it's finished, it could be released in March/April, and the tour beginning in August/September. That'd be my guess. Remember the "lag period" after ATYCLB and Elevation? They're probably shooting for that again. Maybe they could start the tour in Europe in the summer, seeing as they could sell out stadiums there easier, and then America would have the entire summer to sell out the stadium shows for the fall.

:yes: to that and the "irving plaza" type of promotional gigs possibility.

That article doesn't have to prove anything abut the album release Chizip. I'll believe it when it's officially announced the album is coming out later.

We did not hear any official confirmed news on album NOT coming out in Spring, as said by the band (or was it the manager?) - on the other hand we heard multiple sources hinting Spring - Anthon Corbijn did the photoshoot for the album and said it's coming out in May, McGuiness said they'd like to finish it by Christmas and Joe OHerlihy said the tour starts in May or September depending on album release. (again, that doesn't mean they will necessary put the album out in the fall. also, remember the gap between AB release and start of Zoo TV tour)

*edit* I don't think Bono saying "I'd like to do it next fall" about the new tour sounds very official or that anything is set in stone and determined already.

Last edited:
I think they're waiting for Lillywhite to come in the studios after Christmas and then to top off the rock icing, Mr Eno would be visiting Dublin for a "few weeks" in January.

(Joke Disclaimer)

Headache in a Suitcase said:
funny... i heard that the album WILL be released in jersey, and will include a special bonus disc including bono covering bon jovi's greatest hits

:down:

Re: don't panic

U2girl said:

*edit* I don't think Bono saying "I'd like to do it next fall" about the new tour sounds very official or that anything is set in stone and determined already.

it sounds like from bono's comments that fall is the earliest that the official tour could begin. i agree there may be some pre tour concerts like last time, but these bono comments surely looks like a delay.

if he'd like to tour in the fall, i dont think that means as preferred to doing it in the summer (because i'm sure he'd like to go out and promote the new album as soon as possible), but as preferred to doing it in the winter or even next spring/summer.

even if they finish the album they can sit on it, so they can pick a good time for them to have the most sales and to release it a little bit before the tour so they can use the tour to promote it.

if you think the album is gonna be released in march, i think you are kidding yourself, if it is i'll come back and admit i was wrong, which i hope i have to do, but i doubt it.

After Popmart's initial media backlash I'm not so sure U2 would ever do the quick follow-up tour to the album again.

OK, if they are touring in fall (or even later, as you say...what could they be gaining by waiting even longer anyway), how come he's already getting in shape? "I'd like to do it in the fall" could also mean he'd like to have some extra time to get fit but the tour starts sooner and he won't be able to do that. Bono saying stuff does not make it official, either - not like he said "we ARE going on tour in the fall" or even give any specific dates/venues.

I still think the album is almost done and that it will come out in Spring.

*edit* if the album comes out in May and tour starts in September then who wins lol?

Last edited:
Hmmmm let's see:

Album: March 2004.......Tour: ????

What the heck is Bono talking about a Fall Tour for? Does he even know what season it is now? I doubt it, not because he's not intelligent to know, but hell the guy has been flying all over the world in places with different climates and hemispheres. Where the heck is he now??? I dunno either, Edge!!!

if there is a Fall tour next year in the US it wont be till 2005 when the come to australia (if the plan too) which i guess is good in a way because it gives me more time to save :)

i'm thinking a September - December US tour
take the christmas break tour europe Early Febuary - march
come downunder, new zealand April
back to America, South America and Mexico May - June

and that might be all, unless they tour europe twice

Maybe, before the tour, they're going to come and pay each one of us a special visit to apologise for the delay and then play whatever we request. That would account for the delay between the March release (I remain hopeful) and the beginning of the tour in the Northern Hemisphere autumn.

Back
Top Bottom