Album re-release?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whackjester

Acrobat
I was looking at Best Buy's and Circuit City's websites and they have releases dates for War, Boy, Under a Blood Red Sky, October, and the Unforgetable Fire. The release dates are for January 18, 2005 and the cds cost between 25 to 28 dollars a piece. Any word on what these are? Are they just imports, or are they remasters? I find it strange that nothing has come up about this before. Both sites have no info on the cds other than the price.

someone mentioned this a month or so ago.
who knows... remastered CDs a la REM would be good, but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

chocky said:
imagine a remastered Joshua Tree with a bonus disk containing the 7 b-sides, Beautful Ghost and a couple of other outtakes.... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Please don't get me that excited. I'm an old woman.:hyper:

I've been doing some sleuthing and I have found out that those albums are being reissued in Japan. Nothing new on them.

They are indeed Japanese imports. However, they are already available in Japan. An excellent source of Japanese imports is www.cdjapan.co.jp and if you go to that site, you will see that all of them are readily available. And not only that, but for very good prices - $13.72 each in U.S. dollars. Of course, the shipping is higher...

What is interesting is that they are listed as limited editions, but unfortunately we don't get any other information. If you look at the pics, they appear to possibly be in mini-lp style formats, but you really can't tell. They could just be standard jewel cases.

The other major piece of information missing is whether these limited editions have been remastered. It doesn't say. While Japanese pressings of CDs sometimes tend to sound better than their U.S. and European counterparts, it doesn't necessarily mean the remastering is new. Does anyone own these yet? And if you do, can you fill us in?

Since post- Pop times I´ve been wondering the same: :eyebrow:

why U2 don´t want to re-release all their collection ???, at least Boy - Pop ?. It seems they hate the idea :( :ohmy: if you look any classic band or artist ( Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, The Police, etc, etc and now REM going to release their albums since Green on February 2005 ) has a remastered collection for all their classic albums. It´s a shame listen to Boy, Unforgettable Fire or War with that poor CD sound, and then listen to this new album with a full improved sound quality :sad:. Also their early CD´s almost doesn´t have bootlegs, nor lyrics, photos, etc :tsk:

To be honest, I´ve never liked all that remastered editions with filler bonus tracks and short and filler DVD´s ( sadly REM going to do that. A friend of mine who works in a radio said me all that CD+ DVD collection REM will release on February are really crap, filled with almost official video stuff from those eras, I really hope if U2 will release all their classic album won´t do that, I mean, don´t include UF documentary already appeared on VHS and the DVD Live From Slane Castle, don´t include songs from Mexico city 1997, nor songs from Red Rocks, songs from Rattle & Hum movie, etc, etc. ) Rather I think every fan would love to see something 100 % NEW, for example, unreleased live footage from the album era !!!! :bow: ( in case you don´t know, collectors have more than 100 U2 DVD´s, including more than 50 Pro-shot ones, from Boy Tour until Elevation Tour :D ), studio sessions, outtakes, etc.

In case U2 is fond of releasing that idea ( AT LAST !!! ) I wouldn´t like to see what Yoko ono is doing with John Lennon´s career. For example, in Plastic Ono Band, his best album for many critics, she included 2 bonus tracks after the perfect intended ending My Mummy´s Dead... if so, I´d rather to see all that extra stuff into a second CD or DVD, but leave the first one ( with the original album remastered ) intact !!!!

Yes, I know we´re making a dream here, but who knows

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.... remember ? ;)

Back
Top Bottom