Album out in October, tour in March 2014 rumour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
If this is true and the tour does start in march then surely that points to arenas??

another rumour seriously doesn't merit its own thread at this point surely?! :rolleyes:

No way, who could predict such a timetable? It's not like ATYCLB and HTDAAB essentially did the exact same thing, right?

We should start an Intrade betting pool for the new album's release date.

If I had to guess:

New album: December 2013
Promo tour: January/February 2014
World tour: starting June 2014

Don't they usually do the promo gigs before album release? Usually like the month before and maybe just after. At least that's what they do for the late night shows.

Don't they usually do the promo gigs before album release? Usually like the month before and maybe just after. At least that's what they do for the late night shows.

Usually it's after the release of either the single or album. U2 have very rarely debuted a song live right before a release.

But they won't wait till Dec to release it, the latest they'll wait is November, that way they can do promos before the holiday season.

maybe for once they should skip some of the promo gigs and just get the album out there. if its good then its good, if not, well, Oops.

maybe for once they should skip some of the promo gigs and just get the album out there. if its good then its good, if not, well, Oops.

I find the promo stuff really exciting, but maybe that's just me. And NLOTH probably had too much of it.

This approach has worked very well for musicians. I made a list:

1. David Bowie - because he told people he retired, and well he's David Bowie. I guess 20 years was his promotional slant, so I guess that's one approach they can try.

There's no reason it can not be coming out in October. It's only June right now and most sources seem to contend that there's no recording left to be done. A few more weeks of mixing and approving the album art & box and this thing can be in production very soon.

The December hope mentioned earlier is the band merely wanting it out by the end of the year in order to cash in on Xmas sales. If the new album can land a few weeks or more before Christmas, then a lot of 50 year olds go and by it for their kids who could really give a shit about U2. Not the best way to sell your music, but it's pretty much an absolute fact. I know How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb benefited greatly from the timing as plenty of people at my college were gifted copies, a lot of which went unopened.

As prone to wanting to conquer the world as U2 is, they certainly aren't above taking the easy way out and trying to add 500,000 to 1,000,000 copies sold to the total.

The album doesn't have to be released right before Black Friday to benefit from holiday traffic. In most stores, the biggest titles from the past month or so are still featured prominently where those kinds of shoppers will still see it.

So mid-to-late October doesn't put them out of that game. Plus, it leave time for a second single to draw more attention to the album from skeptical/cautious buyers.

I find the promo stuff really exciting, but maybe that's just me. And NLOTH probably had too much of it.

I used to love all of the promo shit up until last time around. Though 5 nights on Letterman was too much for even me. Of course it might have also had something to do with the album they released, which looking back, save for one or two songs I think isn't really all that great.

Usually it's after the release of either the single or album. U2 have very rarely debuted a song live right before a release.

But they won't wait till Dec to release it, the latest they'll wait is November, that way they can do promos before the holiday season.

Yeah, I think they do some promo performances after first single is released, which is usually before the album is released. In the USA, after Vertigo released, they did some performances on late night shows before the album dropped. I remember them playing 5 songs on Saturday Night Live just 3 days before the album came out in North America.

They should go the 'Kid A' route. No singles, no performances, no interviews. Just watch the fucker fly off the shelves. On second thoughts...maybe not :shifty:

I remember them playing 5 songs on Saturday Night Live just 3 days before the album came out in North America.

You mean 3, right? Or were you there in person??

I still remember the shock on here after they played IWF at the end...

If I had to guess:

New album: December 2013
Promo tour: January/February 2014
World tour: starting June 2014

maybe they would start the promo tour in my backyard :rockon:
have also heard many location that they will maybe gonna play.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom