Album or Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Final Straw

The Fly
Lets say(God forbid) U2 decided to give up either making new albums or touring for some reason! Which one would you least like them to give up?

Basically which one would you prefer them to do?

A. Give up making music but continue touring with the old songs
B. Give up touring but keep making new albums.

I do realise that they prob wouldn't do anything like this however, do play along!

So which would it be?

Crap, I don't know??? If U2 were to choose either the fans and media would rip them for being lazy.

I would go with A. Nothing beats U2 live.

If they insisted on playing all the hits instead of having a bit of variation then I'd much prefer them to actually just make more albums and actually have a go at doing some more 'experimental' stuff since they wouldn't have to worry about re-creating it on stage!

B. (the creative option)

If they just chose to tour old material they'd become the Stones, except they wouldn't even have token new songs!

it's a hard choice, but I'd have to go with B.

in a certain point in time, people will slowly stop attending the shows since it's old material being played repeatedly.

new, creative, (innovative), music please :up:

B.

Take The Beatles approach. Then we can always dream about them touring again. Touring without new songs would make them come across as has beens....it would work for a brief while but then they would come across as pathetic.

Sleep Over Jack said:
B. (the creative option)

If they just chose to tour old material they'd become the Stones, except they wouldn't even have token new songs!

Already have become the stones, cos they tour now with rehashed new songs. Time to give it up all together, me thinks, so Bono can concentrate on being the next President of the USA!

rjhbonovox said:

Time to give it up all together, me thinks, so Bono can concentrate on being the next President of the USA!

He'll have to get a constitutional ammendment in order first if he wants to be the President :wink:

randhail said:

He'll have to get a constitutional ammendment in order first if he wants to be the President :wink:

He can run with Ahnuld for the '08 Ticket :wink:

or the guy from 24, or Harrison Ford's character in Air Force One

PoPrika said:
B

because A would be embarassing.

word.

But I don't think that would ever happen, it's the new songs that make U2 wanna go out on the road and tour again, I can't imagine them wanting to tour with no new material.

To tour with no new material would be beyond a joke for even the U2 of today. But maybe I can see them releasing an album without touring it in the future, mainly cos Bono has less and less time on his hands for touring.

Final Straw said:
Lets say(God forbid) U2 decided to give up either making new albums or touring for some reason! Which one would you least like them to give up?

Basically which one would you prefer them to do?

A. Give up making music but continue touring with the old songs
B. Give up touring but keep making new albums.

I do realise that they prob wouldn't do anything like this however, do play along!

So which would it be?

They're currently doing A in my opinion. I would choose B but not in the direction their going.

I'd have to go with B, A means bands that should have retired but just keep playing the old act (basically the Rolling Stones, who occassionally record crap to call an "album" to pretend they're still making new music)

Plus as much as I love them live, I'd never want to think that I wasn't going to hear a new U2 song...the horror.

B, I want to keep hearing new stuff. Not see "Bullet The Blue Sky" or "One" for the billionth time.

Back
Top Bottom