Album of the Week: The Unforgettable Fire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I've been listening to a number of different albums over the last several days, but I keep coming back to this one. What a gem!

Aygo said:
So?

You didn't need to be an asshole, I was just asking about that, because I remembered that interferers talked much about TUF a few weeks ago... That's it.

But if you're a natural born asshole, you cannot help being one, can you? :shrug:

JCOSTER said:
I love listening to this album while drifting off to sleep....:drool:

:up: I always do that, this album is perfect to wind down with. A sort of homecoming is very :drool: worthy.

discothequeLP said:

isn't it sort of rude to the album if you fall asleep while it's doing its thing? :lol:

Its not like the music is sending me to sleep because its that boring, its more like its lulling me to sleep. Like you know when you are listening to something, and thinking and you drift off..but at the same time you are still concentrating on the music?
Man i can't explain it nevermind!

U2Man said:

But if you're a natural born asshole, you cannot help being one, can you? :shrug:
With this answer you only justified what I posted lately.
Get off, I was trying to satisfy a doubt and stating a fact and you came with a rude and unnecessary answer.

Wire is awesome. If you're pissed off, it's a wonderful track to listen to turned up loud. A Sort of Homecoming is lovely and Celtic-feeling, I always feel close to that song for some reason and when I get home from America I will probably put it on! And oh I adore Bad, Pride, UF... yum. Not my fave album, but a treasure in its own right and very atmospheric.

TUF is the album that got me addicted to U2 and after all the years it ranks between #2 to #5. the overall atmosphere of the album is outstanding. great record! :up:
and yes chickadee i admit WIRE is awesome

Quite simply the best album I have ever heard. It is more than mere music; the atmosphere is so rich and vivid. People may rag on 4th Of July and EPAA a fair bit, but I think they help illustrate where the band was at the time. I feel that with UF, not only do we get the artwork, but we get everything the artist used to create it too - the sonic noodling, the vocal improvisation, the experimentation and exploration.

And I think I'm going to have to revise my list of top U2 songs because ASOH is really begging for a place. What an immensely beautiful song.

I would also like to echo the thought that Wire is excellent and does not get enough attention. The ending is powerful and cathartic.

This album is so perfect, so beautiful, takes you away to a better place, away from all the shit of life.
Beautiful. Got me addicted to U2 also.

phillyfan26 said:
Seven outstanding songs.

Would those seven happen to be A Sort of Homecoming, Pride, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, Promenade, Bad and Indian Summer Sky?

Cos I feel the same way.

Wire is the most awesome song U2 have ever made. 0:17 in Wire, when the bass kicks in is fucking BRILLIANT.

Like the girl who used to threaten to beat up people in high school, Unforgettable Fire is a great find if you can bury through the brash opening grooves into the suprisingly smooth, sexy interior of the record.

Aygo said:
With this answer you only justified what I posted lately.
Get off, I was trying to satisfy a doubt and stating a fact and you came with a rude and unnecessary answer.

First of all, if you think my first answer was that rude, you might want to reconsider your habit of browsing message boards. All I did was to point out that this wasn't an appreciation thread. You are wildly overreacting.

Secondly, I think most people would agree that calling people an "asshole" is a lot more rude than my post.

U2Man said:

First of all, if you think my first answer was that rude, you might want to reconsider your habit of browsing message boards. All I did was to point out that this wasn't an appreciation thread. You are wildly overreacting.

Secondly, I think most people would agree that calling people an "asshole" is a lot more rude than my post.
Yes, you're right, perhaps I exceeded even worse by typing that word and I apologise, but you have to admit that it was not very kind too to answer to it like that. :sexywink:

img5222dx7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom