album is finished? stadium tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe if you were a girl who had the hots for them you'd see what I mean;) The music is always great but the sex appeal factor is part of the excitement for some of us :eek:

I thought I was going to die happy my heart was pounding so hard when Bono was at the tip of the heart, and when he introduced the whole band! Ahhh! They were all right there!

Well, i agree with all of you, and U2 is a different show than most. I saw tragically hip at the back of the arena and it wasn't even close to being in the heart with U2. I can see U2 pumping up the whole arena, like on the Boston DVD, that's what makes them Best Live Act, sooo many times. I never thought about that before, and we will get the best of both worlds, arenas AND stadiums, apparentyl. I think it will be bigger than, and ride on the success of the Elevation Tour. I know a bunch of people eho became MUCH bigger U2 fans, just from seeing Elevation tour and they weren't even in the heart!!!

Anyway, i have a strange feeling this is gonna be a BIG, AWESOME, and SPECIAL Tour!!!!! I can't wait for all the new goodies they have in store for us!!! WOOHOOO, we WILL see a new tour!!!!!!

Dalkey Beach said:
Why do people dislike stadium shows?

Because we don't like sitting in the nosebleed sections watching little teeny ants perform. We'd be better off waiting for the DVD and watching it with surround sound on a big screen TV (which btw I do not own) I'm sure there will be a lot of good seats at stadiums but they will most likely all go to VIPs and scalpers at outrageous prices. We everyday fans have no chance at that. If some people don't mind being in the high stands at a stadium, fine, let them buy those seats and leave the better ones to those who do care. I don't even like watching football from high stadium seats, watching little ants on the field. I've been to a few NFL games and to me TV is better if you can't get a good seat. Sure not everyone feels this way, but a lot of us do and it would be very disappointing to only have stadiums IMO. But I do want the tour!

Who said anything about an "all stadium tour"? I wouldn't suggest that. The Zoo TV tour, which I saw both in and out doors was the perfect balance. And it is always, always better to actually experience the show in person, in the arena/stadium than it is to watch an edited version on a small screen.

Another thing the "everday fans/no chance" thing is mostly untrue. During both Zoo TV and Popmart I had excellent seats. As close as 3 rows back. Yes, VIPs and entertainment get their share, but U2 makes sure they don't get everything.

What are the chances of it being GA this time around? Because even if it is in a stadium, it wouldn't matter, because with GA, the best "seats", can't go to scalpers.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Who said anything about an "all stadium tour"? I wouldn't suggest that. The Zoo TV tour, which I saw both in and out doors was the perfect balance. And it is always, always better to actually experience the show in person, in the arena/stadium than it is to watch an edited version on a small screen.

Another thing the "everday fans/no chance" thing is mostly untrue. During both Zoo TV and Popmart I had excellent seats. As close as 3 rows back. Yes, VIPs and entertainment get their share, but U2 makes sure they don't get everything.

I also saw them 2 times for Zoo tv, once in an arena and once in a stadium and my seats sucked in both but the worst seats bar none were for Popmart in a stadium, they were so far away that it was sickening and unbelievable that any of us up there paid to see them for that experience. I'm sure it's great down there but when your stuck up there in a seperate zipcode it really sucks. Elevation was the best so far but even for Elevation I ended up with seats in the first row of the upper levels which kinda sucks. I tried my hardest the morning of pre-sale and still that's all I could get, this time I'm gonna pay more to get better seats if that's what it takes. I heard that Ticketmonster is now in the business of scalping their own tickets on ebay. :no:

EvolutionMonkey, while I agree that Ticketmaster has a tight reign on the concert market, they do not scalp their own tickets on Ebay. As unethical as it is and as much as people want to believe it, that is completely untrue. If there is any possibility that this is true it is some renegade employees and not Ticketmaster the company. I do not work for Ticketmaster, however I am now very close to someone who does (but only recently, so I haven't benefited from them for U2 tixs...yet!).

I agree seats from the back of a stadium do not provide the best view, and that it is hard to get 2 of 20,000 seats when over 50,000 are trying to get seats, but I would rather be in the building when U2 is playing than waiting at home for the DVD.

My tickets have always come via Propaganda, so I've been fortunate.

we dont 'officaly' know its stadiums....
as for staying home to watch sports on TV...the only sport i'd do that on in the Grand Prix...sure its kinda better to be there.....but you only see a few seconds every lap....when you can watch the whole thing on tv

i'm banking on a stadium tour in australia...they'd nearly have to...this tours gonna be like zoo tv i have a feeling...or maybe like Bruce Springsteens recent tour....2002 was mostly areans and 2003 went around again in stadiums.

i want to see a stadium show, and the band aswell ;)

Back
Top Bottom