Album has a name, a cover and a tracklist!...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
...in japanese! If anyone can read AMAZON.CO.JP's info on the new U2 album, please post it here! Here are the links!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos...3036/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_10_6/249-8848151-7141101
What I assume to be the normal version of the album.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos...3036/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_10_1/249-8848151-7141101
The limited edition in a hardbook case and a bonus DVD.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos...3036/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_10_2/249-8848151-7141101
The one with just a DVD.

Also, if you click on what they give as the cover, it says something in Japanese at the bottom. I'd assume it means "COVER - TO BE ANNOUNCED" or something like that.

Picture wise - and that's all I really have as info. now as I don't know Japanese - I'm not impressed, nor do I think that's the real cover. If it is, great. But the cover seems far too blase for U2. It's just a simple pose - something more for the back of the CD or for the liner notes, not the cover. Whenever U2 have appeared on the cover, it's "special" (see JT, ATYCLB, R&H, AB, POP, UF). It's never just a simple pose. Also, this photo is clearly from the ATYCLB era. Bono is the one that changes the most from album to album and I highly doubt that his look would be exactly the same as it was from the Elevation tour.

Therefore, while Japan may have the info. on the albums, I think there is still speculation there, regarding the track list and especially the album cover. Just because it's on Amazon, doen't mean it's fully correct. :wink:

I have no idea what any of it says, but I am sure they are just using that pic, until the actual cover pic is released.

And we already know all the formats that are going to be out there.

Maybe someone will be able to tell if the track listing is there, or if it just says to be announced or such.

:shrug:

japan

exactly, they just added what we all already know.. just to start maybe generating getting pre-orders. doesn't mean any of it is accurate. can't read it anyway!

That's not the cover, that photograph is from the front cover of Q in 2003. The front cover will be much more polished than that.

The translation states:

Title: "Title Undecided"
Tracklist: "Undecided"
Review: This is just a small synopsis of U2's career thus far.

The "cover" is an old promo shot from AYCLB days.

HelloAngel said:
The translation states:

Title: "Title Undecided"
Tracklist: "Undecided"
Review: This is just a small synopsis of U2's career thus far.

The "cover" is an old promo shot from AYCLB days.

Really?

*putting away Japanese book*

I thought it said "Big U2 Karaoke party gathering in Tokyo downtown square: bring Fly shades, Edge Beanies, and plenty of Sake"

oh well.

EvolutionMonkey said:
This thread should be deleted, it's gonna give hopes to people who first see it only to learn it has nothing new. :down:

If you want, I can edit the thread title to show that it was just a misunderstanding.

I cant post links, so I can't link you directly to this. HMV Records shows a tracklisting very similar to Interference's "best guess" tracklisting. They show...

1. Vertigo [tbc]
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own [tbc]
3. City of Blinding Lights [tbc]
4. A Man and A Woman [tbc]
5. Yahweh [tbc]
6. Crumbs From Your Table [tbc]
7. All Because Of You [tbc]
8. Tough [tbc]
9. Miracle Drug [tbc]
10. Full Metal Jacket/Native Son [tbc]
11. Love Peace Or Else [tbc]

Back