album cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bau2fan

The Fly
I was wondering if anyone had a thought about the cover artwork of the new Best of record. This has been on my mind for quite some time. Considering the last albums artwork i think of a possibility. One might be the cartoon figure of Zooropa which is also included on Achtung Baby, but it's actually in the cd.

I came to this conclusion because the boy on the Best of 80-90 was the boy that was included on other several records.

I might be wrong but has anyone thought about this and has an idea? :adam: :larry: :edge: :bono:

bau2fan said:
Considering the last albums artwork i think of a possibility. One might be the cartoon figure of Zooropa which is also included on Achtung Baby, but it's actually in the cd.
i was thinking the same thing. i hope they do this cuz i love the little space baby! (or whatever he's called...) i even got a tattoo of him. :D

I thought I saw someone make up a cover........it was the space boy from zooropa but I don't know where this came from...he was purple against a black and white background.

The cover should just be another picture of the band at the airport. Wouldn't that be cool? :lol:

Seriously, I could care less about the cover. As long as they make the cd have a big :lemon: on it, I'm happy.

edit: changed the smiley face to something that worked better.

Last edited:
i think they will have something simple- maybe follow the theme from the first best of- stick the guy on the front and just not have it gold maybe silver or something?

Who knows? Or there new calender is being made in august so if u looked at it when it came out u could see what pics they *might* use

Lara Mullen said:
i think they will have something simple- maybe follow the theme from the first best of- stick the guy on the front and just not have it gold maybe silver or something?

Silver and Gold........

I'm kind of tired of the boy that's on War and the first best of and Boy..(Guggi's little brother, I believe.)...I hope they do something new.
I don't really care, but cover art is always cool...I hope they do something fun to look at, maybe like Achtung Baby..
I like stuff like that.

I think it should look like the first best of only silver and instead of the boy they do the space boy drawing with a helmet on. And just to make it even cooler, make the border arund it an old TV set.

Swan269 said:
I thought I saw someone make up a cover........it was the space boy from zooropa but I don't know where this came from...he was purple against a black and white background.

That was a very unprofessional cover some fan made -- it was just the first Best Of image with different colours and purple stripes.

I agree.. I'd love to see the melon baby on it. :D Or just fly shades.. or the lemon. Or a mirrorball ;) Many options.

And something I noticed about the first Best Of.. the Joshua Tree's colours were gold on black. Best Of 1980-1990 was black on gold. They may do something similar for this one, I suppose..

!!!

This is from the promotional flyer that was sent to radio stations in the US (at least here in Philly) that accompanied the "Electrical Storm" CD single. I don't have a scan of the flyer (so don't ask) but this photo apparently appeared under a caption reading "From the New Album"

A little odd for U2, but this could be the one, folks!

8.jpg

Attachments

• scan1.jpg
    scan1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 39
I think the best they could do is putting the baby of achtung/zooropa on the cover with flashy colours and a cool booklet like the one of pop.

Last edited:
The one-armed, lemon-sucking, old lady!

I love it.
My only rule for the cover is "No band photos!", because that's what Interscope would prefer, and because this comp. deserves art, not marketing photos.

elevatedmole said:

That was a very unprofessional cover some fan made -- it was just the first Best Of image with different colours and purple stripes.

I agree.. I'd love to see the melon baby on it. :D Or just fly shades.. or the lemon. Or a mirrorball ;) Many options.

And something I noticed about the first Best Of.. the Joshua Tree's colours were gold on black. Best Of 1980-1990 was black on gold. They may do something similar for this one, I suppose..

Unprofessional or not, it's great. Pity "Lemon" isn't on the Best Of to fit this potential cover.

Back
Top Bottom