album and tour news from atU2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Overheard on various mailing lists and via emails from fans to @U2....

According to sources in the touring industry:

Tour will start in March in Miami.

Tour will be in arenas.

Signatures Network (group that runs Fanfire.com) will take over the role Propaganda served before, offering a paid fan club membership with one member benefit being access to concert ticket pre-sales.

Ticket pre-sales are scheduled to start in late November, around the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.

As for the album, a fan who recently returned from Dublin was fortunate to be able to hear 12 new songs (probably the whole album!) and says "They're fantastic!!! Two are ballads, and three are pure rock, very fast rhythm. One has "Electrical Storm"'s guitar riff, I suppose it's the same as another fan told it is between "Electrical Storm" and "Beautiful Day." One has a bluesy tone and the others are more
melodic. Two have a very powerful bass line." (Thanks to K and R for reports....)

In somewhat-related news, we have removed the link to the "All Because of You" clip at the request of the person who made the original recording. The recording was shared with other fans, one of whom ignored the taper's request to post anything online. Welcome to U2 fandom in the 21st century....

Most of that isn't really 'new' news other than the ticket stuff. Always nice to hear that we'll have tour info by the end of the year, though.

Well it has some more album descriptions as well.

(and we know what happened with the leak) :confused: Why didn't that person want to share the leak with U2 fans worldwide?

Good point. :D
But if you know U2 will have a problem with it, why do it?

According to a guy who was at the studios today the album is finished.

There was a lot of activity, long hours the last few days, with no one coming out to say hello and a lot of packages being delivered and meetings with the people from Four5one.

According to him there was a party at midnight on Saturday night to celebrate the finish.

Dallas told him today the band will not be back at HQ until October, they have/ or are leaving Dublin for the next few months.

I hope someone can verify some of this somehow.

:faint:

Thanks so much! Let's hope official confirmation of anything is on its way! This has now been posted in the News section.

:)

HelloAngel said:
Actually, rose - where did you read/hear this info?

This was from a friend of mine who is in Dublin right now. This is what he saw and was told. I wish (and he wishes also) that someone could confirm that this is true.

ramblin rose said:

This was from a friend of mine who is in Dublin right now. This is what he saw and was told. I wish (and he wishes also) that someone could confirm that this is true.

Wow! Please keep me posted in email if he wishes to say anything else about his experience and observations.. We like to get as much info out as possible to the readers. Unfortunately, U2's press firm is mum right now about confirming details - so as of yet, anything and everything is simply conjecture and rumor.

On U2eastlink.com there is a report which says the same thing. July 3rd was the last day of album recording. The whole HQ team(including U2, of course) went to celebrate it.

The person who told me this is a personal friend of mine. He is a fan, but not a fanatic. He went to the studios specifically for me. He is not intimately familiar with all of the goings on over there and has told me this after spending way too many more hours at the studio than he should of just for me. He said he would go back if I wanted him to but I told him he had done enough. I had asked him to please ask Bono or whoever else he might meet from the band about the album, but he says that he saw them go in and out a lot but none of them came out to talk. The only person he actually spoke to was Dallas who told him what I repeated here. That they won't be back until October.

Poor guy is in Dublin for a business meeting, went a few days early to see the town and has spent 4 days hanging out in a deserted, dust filled street with a bunch of U2 fanatics just for me, which now makes me feel kind of bad.

Make of it what you will. I really want this to be true, and it should be easy enough to confirm with someone making a couple of more trips to HQ.

djerdap said:
On U2eastlink.com there is a report which says the same thing. July 3rd was the last day of album recording. The whole HQ team(including U2, of course) went to celebrate it.

I was at HQ on Tuesday, and lots of equipment was being moved out.

Fans there, who had also been present on Saturday, confirmed that the the boys had left late saturday and that the album is done (although I guess it still might be mixed at another studio); they heard many of the tracks from the street (I hadn't realised just how close the bench etc was to the studio); and that upon leaving the studio Bono was heard to say the album "is a boy and a girl".

Mike

Back
Top Bottom