Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
guns_n_roses_chinese_democracy.jpg

Maybe, just maybe, they were about to release something early this year, but then went through a creatively inspired period like the UF and JT days, and have decided to keep on writing. Not likely, but you just ever know...:hmm:

Nahhh, there's much room left to tumble.

Nope.

As ridiculous as some of the arguments that have taken place have been, at least they were arguing over... something.

The thread has now turned into the posting of random album covers for little to no reason. Only another leak pun thread could be lower than this.

One good thing that came out of the Millie Jackson album cover...it got me reminiscing about Betty Wright's Tonight Is The Night (with live monologue) and that's the gooood shit right there..

Nope.

As ridiculous as some of the arguments that have taken place have been, at least they were arguing over... something.

The thread has now turned into the posting of random album covers for little to no reason. Only another leak pun thread could be lower than this.

I'll try to get us somewhat back on track by posting my theory that the delays will make this a no-win situation for U2.

No matter what they release now it'll be shrouded in verbiage about the delays and rumoured unhappiness with the material. And the net result is likely to be "we waited this long for this?" even if it really is good stuff.

My point - the bad that comes from delays far outweighs the good. Although perhaps it's just that I don't have the same confidence that others do that songs are improved a lot by tweaking. I think you either have good root material or you don't.

I'll try to get us somewhat back on track by posting my theory that the delays will make this a no-win situation for U2.

No matter what they release now it'll be shrouded in verbiage about the delays and rumoured unhappiness with the material. And the net result is likely to be "we waited this long for this?" even if it really is good stuff.

My point - the bad that comes from delays far outweighs the good. Although perhaps it's just that I don't have the same confidence that others do that songs are improved a lot by tweaking. I think you either have good root material or you don't.

You're right. About the best that they can do is construct a narrative along the lines of "we had to dream it all up again . . . again." But if the material is anything less than amazing, they're going to be perceived as a band that had to work really hard just to get up to okay.

On another note, I'm going to see Springsteen tonight. Excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom