Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
o Doubt back in the day, I remembered Gwen Stefani complaining to the interviewer that we Canadians kept saying 'No Doot', but it was really 'No Daht! No DAHHHT!'. I realized then and there that it wasn't really pronounced either way, but if you were to err on the side of the actually spelling, I'd still go with 'oo' over 'ah'. That's just me, but it come from Scottish stock.

Jesus christ, how hard can it be?

No doubt

No shout

No clout

No snout

No kraut

No way out

I mean, fuck.

That's because Bostonians really are saying 'hahbah'. That's just before they go on ovuh to a Hahvid bah to pick up some Hahvid honeys.
of course they also go to the pahk. :D

I forgot what word(s) a Michigan aquaintance spoke in my pressence over a 2 day period where in at least a year if not more I ID'd a Michie on hearing the same word(s) while waiting on line at Smithstonian Air & Space Museum. :lol:

I heard or read that i think people outside of USA/NorthEast can't distinguish( say the same) between Mary, merry and marry. :huh:

Well you certainly won't find Wave of Sarrow..

There might be a Wave Of Sarrah somewhere.

They came for this:
sexy-woman-waving-bye-smiley-emoticon.gif

But got this:

city-flooding.gif

Surprised that no one mentioned this yet, but U2 was recently inducted into the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry for their work on The Joshua Tree.

Good stuff! :up:

Surprised that no one mentioned this yet, but U2 was recently inducted into the Library of Congress' National Recording Registry for their work on The Joshua Tree.

Good stuff! :up:

It was in PLEBA a day or two ago.

Well you certainly won't find Wave of Sarrow.

One of my very least favorite things are histrionic broad 'a' pronunciations of the name of God. "But the word of Gahhhhhhd says..."

No, but that pronunciation was kind of a performance highlight for hip young preachers when I was growing up. I think they worked quite a lot on all the ways you can bend that :wink:

Also, Bono is still keeping in shape! Woot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom