Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Rolling Stone:

In a groundbreaking move, rock band U2 has sent the master files of their new album "Unreachable" via time machine to the year 2025. Finished since December 2013, the band hopes to create a decade-long run-up to the album's release, with singles sent back in time to the present day once every 18 months to keep the momentum going.

Begs the question if each single will create its own universe via the butterfly effect. If it does, then this album could have 10+ lead singles in 10+ different universes. Is that's Guy-O's plan? Utilizing the Multiverse?

$2 million? That's it? U2 are in bed with the fucking Bank Of America for a maximum of $2 million for Africans?

This company has knowingly sold hundreds of billions of worthless securities to unions and pension funds (New York state filed two different lawsuits against Bank of America and its subsidiaries on behalf of its pension fund, one of which was settled for $624 million)Bank of America Forced to Pay $335 Million to Exploited African Americans

Seriously? Could U2 not have found another company to partner with, one that is maybe just a smidgen less predatory?

BoA are using the U2 brand to whitewash their image, and U2 are helping to hoodwink the public into believing that this bank is something aside from a cancer on the world.

Reading comprehension issues?

No, what I meant are, there are some forums I've seen where every page of a thread starts with the same stickied post. This seems like a thread that needs that.

Begs the question if each single will create its own universe via the butterfly effect. If it does, then this album could have 10+ lead singles in 10+ different universes. Is that's Guy-O's plan? Utilizing the Multiverse?

They're not LEAD singles. There will be 10 sneak peek singles in 10 different universes, followed by 10 different REAL lead singles.

Here is a link to the countdown of the release of Invisible....wooo hooo...can't wait.

End of Aids

That countdown ends at 6pm eastern on Super Bowl Sunday meaning that whenever the annual commercial airs, we may already have listened to the whole song.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

So, Bono referred to this song as "a taste of the new album" and Danger Mouse said recording is still ongoing...so Bono's earlier date of the record not coming out until June at the earliest is still very likely. This single is only coming out well before the album because it's going to help raise a lot of money...the album itself remains unfinished.

That's exactly what it sounds like. I expect a conventional lead single with all the trappings of the new album to be released in a couple months.

Am I the only one annoyed that this download will be iTunes only? I refuse to install that monster on my laptop. Will it at least be on sale in other online stores after the free period?

Maybe I'm late to the party on this realization, but it hit me why they're being so coy about whether or not "Invisible" is on the new album....

because why would I download it, if I'm going to end up getting it on the album when I buy it, anyway?

...by the way, I do believe in the cause. So, I'm not just saying I'm gonna be a dick and wait it out. I may go for the download, depending on what I have to sign up for. I mean, come on, great cause and a new U2 song for free. can't beat that.

Bono said it is a "sneak peak" of the new album which people are interpreting as meaning it's on the album. But they are still very coy about said new album. All details indicate that this is a charity single and not a conventional lead single designed to usher in a new album. Hopefully we get that sort of single soon down the line.

Bono said it is a "sneak peak" of the new album which people are interpreting as meaning it's on the album. But they are still very coy about said new album. All details indicate that this is a charity single and not a conventional lead single designed to usher in a new album. Hopefully we get that sort of single soon down the line.

he's also said Invisible is from the album.

call me crazy, but my interpretation of that is that it is from the album.

This is the kind of post u2girl would agree with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Am I the only one annoyed that this download will be iTunes only? I refuse to install that monster on my laptop. Will it at least be on sale in other online stores after the free period?

I don't like I-tunes too. I don't installeren this beats.

a) what is that?

b) does that mean it's track 1 on the new album?

c) does that mean it's the first song released from the new album?

d) does that mean both b and c?

e) does that mean we can't be sure of b, c and d because of a?

Doesn't sound like Bono?

From Rolling Stone:

In a groundbreaking move, rock band U2 has sent the master files of their new album "Unreachable" via time machine to the year 2025. Finished since December 2013, the band hopes to create a decade-long run-up to the album's release, with singles sent back in time to the present day once every 18 months to keep the momentum going.

The universe is exploding because of one man's lie?

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

:applaud:

Well played.

Actually he already confirmed that it's actually on the new album. Link is somewhere in the last thread. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom