Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for the experts here: how many downloads do you think 'Invisible' will get? 108 million people watched last year's Superbowl. If it's the same this year, and only 10 percent download the free song, then obviously that's 10 million downloads. What is the record for most downloads in 24 hours on iTunes? This could be interesting....

Whoever made that could have at least used Bono's voice from Under a Blood Red Sky. "There's been a lot of talk about this next song." :wink:

There's another live song, can't remember if it's from Red Rocks or not, that starts with Bono, in a kind of sing-song saying, "Our new single!"

Why do they have to recycle the wheel mic image.. BLECH!

because they reappropriated it as a clock?

Do you have to complain about every single, tiny, insignificant aspect?

Welcome to Bono's nightmare.

There's another live song, can't remember if it's from Red Rocks or not, that starts with Bono, in a kind of sing-song saying, "Our new single!"

I believe you're thinking of staring at the sun from Las Vegas Popmart. Then they proceeded to fuck up said single twice."

Oh that's it, thank you, lol. I knew the memory of that was making me want to laugh for some reason

The difference is that "charity single" and "lead single for U2's forthcoming album with proceeds to charity" have completely distinct connotations as far as public demand. The fact that this song is on the album is not being publicized outside of that obscure interview. The press releases are vague on the topic.

No matter. This is all most likely a carefully orchestrated lead-in to the new album. A deliberate progression back into the public consciousness.

November - Ordinary Love is released (a made-for-awards effort)
January - Golden Globes appearance
February - Super Bowl ad/Invisible download
February - Jimmy Fallon appearance
March - Academy Awards appearance?
April - second single/conventional lead single?
June - album release?

U2 > News > Invisible - free for (RED)

If this is the lead single for this album, they're really not doing a good job at announcing it.

Beck - Blue Moon (Audio) - YouTube

Anybody checked out the new Beck? Very much an ethereal U2 vibe, especially the chorus and accent guitars. Sounds kind of like a sketch of a U2 song to me... actually very much in the vein of what I'm imagining from the new album, minus the "huge"ness.

Really cool chorus, and love the Elvis song it's taken off of.

Seems DM didn't work with Beck this time around, but especially interesting considering they have worked together in the past.

I just hope it isn't sung "In-VI-SI-ble"...or Laz is gonna have a fucking field day with it :lol:

Invisible in my mind right now sounds exactly like Magnificent, haha, very interested to hear it.

Anybody checked out the new Beck? Very much an ethereal U2 vibe, especially the chorus and accent guitars. Sounds kind of like a sketch of a U2 song to me... actually very much in the vein of what I'm imagining from the new album, minus the "huge"ness.

Seems DM didn't work with Beck this time around, but especially interesting considering they have worked together in the past.

well that was a nice surprise.. haven't dug much Beck since the Guero days...

Seriously, can Sicy call a moratorium on this pointless back and forth? U2 has a big new song appearing on the Super Bowl that you're going to get for free next weekend, calm down about the extraneous stuff until then and get excited. Then come back and bitch about the lack of announcement and your opinion on how U2 is doomed to your heart's content.

If Interference had a rule that you couldn't pointlessly argue, this place would become a ghost town.

If you like that you should listen to Sea Change. The musicians on that album came along with Beck on the new album. It's kind of a sequel.

Beck - Lost Cause - YouTube

He's also had some back problems like Bono. This age thing is real :lol:

He wanted some time to pass before he returned to this folk sound again.

Hard to believe this March marks 27 years since the release of Joshua Tree. Anyone remember seeing the world premier of the With Or Without You Video on MTV?

We didn't have cable when I was in high school, and my parents had barred me from watching MTV anyway. :(

(My grandma let me watch MTV at her house. :heart: )

1/10 (for obviousness of the "joke")

You're better than this.

:|

ive been drinking catnip for the last couple of hours while grilling, before that I went and looked at a new exotic car, and contemplated how much deep shit I would be in if I bought said car. Oh. Now im listening to some shizzat on the XM while waiting on the boobie show to arrive #strippers #hot3way #getthefuckout #jealousbitch

:sexywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom