Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder something: if they indeed made tour plans (booking venues and etc), and their venues were already booked for SA, they could do a promo tour in US/Europe, and start the tour in Latin/SA in order to maintain the dates they already booked.... This could minimize the costs (presuming they already booked some venues over here)

I think it would be a really interesting idea to start the tour in South America. Actually, I love it. The dates would be guaranteed sell outs, and the crowds are just always crazy good there, and I believe would tend to be more receptive to the newer songs than US or European audiences would be. Not to mention that U2 usually brings it in the shows there.

Granted, they'd have to work some Pop songs into the mix (Pop being HUGE in South America), but I'm sure no one in these pages would complain much about that.

Alas, I doubt it will ever happen, no matter the cost savings or prior commitments, as our Irish lads will be hungry for the press coverage and mania that a US or European tour will bring. But the notion is a pleasant fiction to ponder.

I think it would be a really interesting idea to start the tour in South America. Actually, I love it. The dates would be guaranteed sell outs, and the crowds are just always crazy good there, and I believe would tend to be more receptive to the newer songs than US or European audiences would be. Not to mention that U2 usually brings it in the shows there.

Granted, they'd have to work some Pop songs into the mix (Pop being HUGE in South America), but I'm sure no one in these pages would complain much about that.

Alas, I doubt it will ever happen, no matter the cost savings or prior commitments, as our Irish lads will be hungry for the press coverage and mania that a US or European tour will bring. But the notion is a pleasant fiction to ponder.

Eh, I could see them starting in S America, doing N America, then going to Europe. It's probably not likely though. Although I would LOVE to see them do a bunch of POP material. :drool:

C'mon, it's really hard. They are going to be 12 of the most glorious songs you've ever heard. :hyper:

th

I work around the corner from there and have posted a couple of bits of info in the last few weeks, but it just tends to get lost amongst the general blah blah or nonsensical rubbish that people are posting here.

You are off base with that "nonsensical rubbish" talk!

Just because on occasion there are hundreds of posts about Rush, inappropriate sexual talk, people being over sensitive of said talk, people being rude to those who are over sensitive about said talk, Nazi talk, old vs new Bono talk and most recently favorite world beer talk(which I did actually learn something's), that doesn't equate to rubbish!

With that said, you sir might be the most important poster around here given your ability to report first hand, I'll keep an eye out for your posts(I have noticed them before but they due tend to get drowned out in the hundreds of random posts about above mentioned topics).

For the record, I am interested in trying the Irish Beer that was mentioned earlier as one of the best out there (Killingly I think it was or something like that).

Just because on occasion there are hundreds of posts about Rush, inappropriate sexual talk, people being over sensitive of said talk, people being rude to those who are over sensitive about said talk, Nazi talk, old vs new Bono talk and most recently favorite world beer talk(which I did actually learn something's), that doesn't equate to rubbish!

Rush and Nazi's are OK, but the talk about Adam's junk is out of bounds. This is a family forum. Every time the Plebians go on about the sexual aspects of various members of U2 I have to shield the eyes of the children at the orphanage for the blind I volunteer at.

For the record, I am interested in trying the Irish Beer that was mentioned earlier as one of the best out there (Killingly I think it was or something like that).

Kilkenny is sublime. It's the one beer that I can remember the name of the pub I first tried it at, where I was at the bar, and the look for the bartender.
By far my favourite beer. It's a smooth, red, hoppy Irish cream ale with a head like Guinness. It's close in taste to Caffrey's, and Guinness had a limited product called Guinness Red for a while that tasted a lot like Kilkenny.

Highly recommended.

It's pretty funny how so many people didn't realize the play of words with those album titles. Not "tres" but rather "tre", the name of the drummer.

So....everyone is naked then? That's certainly a double-edged sword. Actually its a lot of swords...a sword-fest....if you will. For all of the exposed dongs I hope we get some boobies and hoohoo's.

Well... I guess I neglected to say stripped down as in staging, not literally. :lol: As much as I'd love to see U2 in concert I'd have to pass up the concert sans clothes. Yikes... the thought of "things" getting caught in instruments and flapping around is a bit much for me! Ha

Well... I guess I neglected to say stripped down as in staging, not literally. :lol: As much as I'd love to see U2 in concert I'd have to pass up the concert sans clothes. Yikes... the thought of "things" getting caught in instruments and flapping around is a bit much for me! Ha

That may be true for you, but I expect that it's not true for everyone. :wink:

Good one! That was a nice way they ended that album. :up:

I couldn't even name ONE song off those three albums. Although I do give GD a lot of credit for the titles. Uno. Dos. And Tre.

They put out a dvd called Cuatro and I was like NOOOO IT'S CATORCE! :lol:

:lol: Bono has spoiled us all.

I downloaded that second album Dos recently. It's pretty decent. And I listened to Uno online a bunch of times. These albums are okay but I still prefer even 20th Century Breakdown to them, let alone the very enjoyable American Idiot.

Still, it is extremely frustrating when U2 takes this long! Shit... not saying they should deliver 3 quickfire albums like Green Day with lots of filler. But how long does it take to finish 12 songs?? What's the point in perfecting over-cooking the songs when they are gonna end up like Boots or SUC?

Back
Top Bottom